Jump to: Reviews
Today’s Groupon gets you ready for the sun, the beach, and professional swimsuit photo shoots. For $40 you get a Groupon for $80 toward your choice of three treatments at Skin Beauty Lounge, located at 404 ½ 8th St. SE near Capitol Hill. Founded in 2004, SBL has quickly become one of DC’s premier salons by providing top-notch, gentle waxing services in a comfortable, professional environment.
Use today’s Groupon for any one of the following:
- Brazilian and brow wax (an $82 value): Shape your brows and get swimsuit-ready with this combo.
- Full leg wax (a $75 value): Keep your legs hairless for longer than you would with more traditional removal methods (razor, depilatory, vigorous rubbing, etc.).
- Express facial (a $75 value): Save time with this 30-minute condensed version of Skin Beauty’s signature facial. It comes with a double cleansing, light exfoliation, mask, and either pore-purifying extractions or a calming face massage.
Yelpers give Skin Beauty Lounge 4.5 stars. Here are a few of their thoughts:
- “Skin Beauty Lounge is the best place in DC for waxing… The hours are great for people who have 9-5 jobs and the staff is always very accomodating [sic]. They remember you when you come in and make you feel very welcomed. I can’t praise Skin Beauty Lounge enough.” – Lizzy Z.
- “Skin Beauty Lounge is the absolute best. And it’s not just one person, everyone there is great, from Nora to Meka to Indigo, they’re all really pleasant, warm and really great at what they do and dedicated to meeting your needs. I can’t say enough great things about this place.” – Doc C.
- “A topnotch salon for waxing. The staff is polite and friendly, and the building is immaculate. As an added bonus, they are located across the street from the Eastern Market metro stop.” – Sharon C.
The Algebraic Foundation of Waxing
The entire Skin Beauty staff recently attended the International Esthetics and Spa Convention, so if you’ve got hundreds of wax or hairlessness questions, SBL technicians will answer them in surprising detail. For example, when recently asked, “What is the scientific process by which a hair is effectively waxed?” The Skin Beauty team responded in unison: “The dermis is a complex, layered thing. Like an onion, its outermost layers—the hair and the epidermis—may be peeled, but done improperly, it may activate the tear ducts in undesirable ways. Therefore, a waxing agent must obtain the perfect coefficient of friction to effectively bind one’s curly, brittle hairs to minimize discomfort. We can isolate this variable by examining Plank’s Hair-Binding Theorum:
∑ n X 1 ≈ ∫1 ÷ ( v X ∏ ) X 1
where n represents the coefficient of curliness and v signifies the viscosity of the waxing agent. It’s clear why we’ve graduated from candle wax to more advanced agents: candle wax’s v value is a painful 54. That smarts!” (unison laughter)
2 8th St Se
Washington, District of Columbia 20003Get Directions