Before fishermen discovered the edibility of fish, they used each catch as bait for larger species, hoping in the end to hook the biggest fish of all—friendship. Cast your line with today’s Groupon for a seafood dinner at Skippers, valid at the Orem location. Choose between the following options:
- For $14, you get a seafood dinner for two (up to a $28.74 value).
- For $28, you get a seafood dinner for four (up to a $57.48 value).<p>
Each dinner includes:
- One Skippers platter or two-piece fish or chicken meal per person (up to an $8.49 value each).
- One bowl of Pacific Northwest clam chowder per person (up to a $3.99 value each).
- One 22-ounce fountain drink per person (up to a $1.89 value each) with free refills.<p>
In a casual setting, Skippers’ chefs sear, grill, and fry the fresh catches proffered in their menu, which brims with wild-harvested, sustainable fish species. A classic Skippers platter houses breaded roommates fish, clams, and de-veined Pacific shrimp neighbored by french fries made from northwestern produce all overlooking an above-ground pool of creamy coleslaw. Alternatively, ford the Pacific for Anglo-inspired seafare such as the fish ‘n’ chips dinners, or enlist winged protein instead with the chicken strips with chips. Finally, a bowl of clam chowder—prepared from a recipe dating to 1969—entertains palates with creamy flavors and stories about the moon landing.
The atmosphere at Skippers might be casual, but their dedication to fresh seafood certainly isn't: since 1969, Skippers has focused on serving the highest-quality sustainably fished seafood possible. Along with ensuring that no chemicals have been added to any of the fresh fish, Skippers also serves wild harvested, hand-cut Alaskan salmon and de-veined Pacific shrimp. Classic fish ‘n’ chips meals give guests a taste of British life without the irritation of Margaret Thatcher hovering over your shoulder, while all-you-can-eat clam chowders fill even the most demanding stomachs.