What You'll Get
Though wrapping yards of duct tape around the entire family is one way to keep it close, visiting the Skirball Cultural Center is the recommended route. Today’s deal encourages familial bonding without uprooted hairs during separation. Purchase one of the following Groupons to this cultural hub nestled in the Sepulveda Pass in the rolling hills of Santa Monica:
- $27 for an individual membership (up to a $55 value)
- $35 for a two-person dual membership (up to a $70 value)
- $47 for a family membership, which includes free admission for four kids under 18 (a $95 value)
The Skirball Cultural Center is a renowned museum, vibrant performing arts center, and prestigious educational institution that is dedicated to sustaining Jewish heritage while welcoming visitors of all ethnic and cultural identities. Members get unlimited year-round access to museum exhibits, including Noah's Ark. The popular interactive gallery inside a massive wooden ark is filled with animal puppets (made from recycled materials) and hours worth of creative, challenging activities for kids of every shoe size, all aimed at teaching the value of community and sustainability without having to live among Himalayan monks for seven years. Children must be accompanied by an adult, and members should call ahead to schedule a timed entry or book online.
General admission (included in all membership levels) comes with entry to a variety of Skirball entertainments, including family music and storytelling every summer weekend at the beautiful outdoor amphitheater, discounts on public programs and classes, and 10% off at Audrey's Museum Store. Check out the lengthy list of membership benefits here. The dynamic center also offers a variety of events that stimulate all eight senses. They include informative reading and lectures, ear-pleasing music performances, and fun-filled family activities, among many others.
This Groupon is not valid for anyone who has been an active member of Skirball within the last 24 months.
- Nestled in the Sepulveda Pass uphill from the Getty Center, the Skirball explores American Jewish life, American democratic values, and the pursuit of the American dream -- a theme shared by many immigrant groups. – Frommer's
- Fun for families and friends as well as the history, culture, and vista-minded (great views due to its Mullholland Drive location). – Kristina R., Yelp
- I took my 16 month old daughter to the Noah's Ark exhibit and she loved it. Everything there is made from recycled, everyday objects. It is housed in a wooded replica of the Ark, and there's NOTHING the kids can't touch. – Krishawn, lilaguide
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jan 14, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy multiple as gifts. New members only, not valid for active members of the last 24 months. Valid only for membership type purchased. Not valid with other offers. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.