Choose from Seven Options
- $29 for a basic health screening with a complete blood count (CBC), comprehensive metabolic panel (CMC), and lipid panel ($150 value)
- $39 for a 25-hydroxy vitamin-D diagnostic test ($120 value)
- $49 for female-hormone panel with FSH, LH, estradiol, and progesterone diagnostic tests ($210 value)
- $49 for a thyroid panel with TSH, free thyroxine, and free triiodothyronine diagnostic tests ($160 value)
- $49 for a male health check with testosterone and PSA diagnostic tests ($150 value)
- $49 for a vita-check with a CBC, CMP, and B12, iron, folic-acid, and magnesium diagnostic tests ($190 value)
- $59 for a comprehensive health screen with a CBC, CMP, lipid panel, and TSH and HbA1C diagnostic tests ($190 value)
Hours of Operation:
- Monday 1 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Tuesday 9 a.m. –5 p.m.
- Wednesday 1 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Thursday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Friday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday by appointment
Vitamin B12: From Healing Dogs to Boosting Humans’ Moods
To learn more about what vitamin B12 does for the body, pop a bit of knowledge with Groupon’s introduction.
Vitamin B12 is considered an essential vitamin for a reason: it keeps nerve and blood cells healthy, supports the creation of DNA and RNA, and works with other B vitamins to support one’s mood. It’s also been used to treat maladies from heart disease to breast cancer to fatigue.
Most people already consume appropriate amounts of vitamin B12, although deficiency can occur in the elderly and those with dietary restrictions.
At least partial credit for the discovery of B12 goes to the dogs. It was while studying dogs that researcher George Whipple noted that consuming liver helped relieve the symptoms of anemia. Fellow scientists set out to isolate which of liver’s components could be used to treat human patients, and nearly 20 years later, vitamin B12 was identified. Fortunately for the squeamish, eating liver isn’t the only way to ensure B12 levels stay sufficient: The vitamin is commonly found in foods such as fish, meat, eggs, and dairy, and it can be taken in pill form or via injection.