Connected to an instructor, skydivers hurtle toward the earth at 120 mph before opening their chutes and gliding down on a 5-minute descent
What You'll Get
- Weight restrictions: 220lb. max
- During a tandem jump, participants are harnessed to a USPA-licensed and certified instructor who controls the skydive.
- The half-day adventure includes ground training, certificate, and logbook entry.
- Single Tandem Skydive: one tandem skydive for one person from 10,500 feet.
- Single Tandem Skydives for Two: one tandem skydive for each of two people from 10,500 feet.
- Premium Champagne Package: one tandem skydive for one person, upgraded to 13,500 feet, plus one bottle of champagne with a Skydive City souvenir glass.
- Premium Champagne Package for Two: one tandem skydive for each of two people, upgraded to 13,500 feet, plus one bottle of champagne with two Skydive City souvenir glasses.
Optional video and picture packages at additional cost.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 180 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Reservation required, 24 hour advance notice required. Must sign waiver online. 24-hour cancellation notice or $25 fee applies; refundable $25 deposit required at booking. Reference FAQ for additional questions. Online reservation required. Limit 5 per person. Must be 18 or older. 220 lbs. max weight. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.
About Skydive City Florida
Though Skydive City's USPA-licensed instructors surely have some words of advice for skydivers, the company's numbers do plenty of talking, too:
- Their tandem program performs 4,000 skydives annually
- The staff has more than 50,000 cumulative jumps
- Large 22-passenger aircraft with their own maintenance facility
- 40-45 seconds of freefall for 10,500-foot jumps; 60-second freefall for 13,500-foot jumps
- Canopy descents take 4-6 minutes
- Where are they located? Zephyrhills, FL about 30 minutes NE of Tampa
- How high do people jump from? Single Tandems jump from 10,500 feet for about 40-45 seconds of freefall. Premium packages jump from 13,500 feet for 60 seconds of freefall.
- Can they jump from a higher altitude? Ask to upgrade altitude when you get to Skydive City. FAA requires functioning oxygen systems with real oxygen at higher altitudes. Ask about the 18,000-foot specialty jumps.
- Can participants jump by themselves? Skydive City offers the Accelerated Freefall program based on the United States Parachute Association (USPA) curriculum. For details, visit their website.
- How do skydivers book? Go to www.skydivecity.com and click “Book Now,” choose the “Prepaid Tandem” option, enter as much information as possible about each skydiver. It is faster to book online than by phone.
- The reservation system will not accept our Groupon Voucher codes.: Skip that part and bring your voucher to check-in.
- Why is there a required deposit? They get a lot of no-shows, so they ask for a $25 deposit. When you check-in, your deposit will be refunded or can be applied to video, merchandise or extra altitude. If you fail to show or cancel within 24-hours, the deposit is forfeited.
- How to complete waivers? Forward the confirmation email to everyone in the group. Have everyone complete the online waiver and training video ahead of time. It saves on a lot of time at check-in.
- How long will all this take? It could take 3-4 hours before divers are in the air and ready to jump. They are very busy so try to book early in the morning for less wait times, especially in case they get backed up due to weather.
- What other amenities are at Skydive City? Watch experienced skydivers all day every day from their large deck. See the pros carve the serene “swoop pond.” The Hillz Kitchen serves cold beverages and made to order fresh food. Enjoy beer and wine after jumping at our “Bird House” tiki bar. A skydiving mini-museum has memorabilia from 50 years of skydiving at Zephyrhills Airport.
- What if I show up for my scheduled reservation but Skydive City won't let me jump due to weather and my Groupon is expiring? Skydive City will extend your expiration date to the date that is 30 days from the date of your original reservation. This gives you extra time to make your jump without forfeiting due to weather.
The legendary “ZHills” Zephyrhills Parachute Center has conducted 1.7 million skydives in their 30 years in business. Skydivers from over 80 countries each year make the 14 acres of Skydive City a destination for world-class skydiving and competition.