Strapped to a USPA-certified instructor, skydivers leap over a mile above Lake Michigan’s south shore for views of the Chicago Skyline
What You'll Get
**After purchasing this deal, you will need to visit the special Groupon website listed on your voucher to complete redemption.**
- What’s included:
- Tandem skydive jump
- Training prior to the jump
- Guidance from a professional skydiving instructor
- Full-body Jumpsuits, gloves, and hats provided at no charge when conditions (cold weather, < 50ºF on ground) requires it, they may be rented anytime if desired.
- Jump altitude: 14,000’ (up to one minute of free fall time and up to five minutes of parachute ride back to the landing area)
- What to wear:
- Lace-up sneakers
- Comfortable clothes that customers won’t worry about if they get dirty
What to bring: government-issued picture ID (passport, drivers license, or state ID
- Length of session:
- The whole experience takes about 3 hours
- Aircraft flight to jump altitude- 10-13 minutes; Freefall - 35-60 seconds, the parachute flight takes about 3-5 minutes
- Pictures and video not included ($39 deposit may be used toward this)
- Deposit fully refundable under following conditions:
- Customer cancels (for any reason) via email (so both parties have timestamp) at least 24 hours prior to appointment.
- Weather (or any factors out of Skydive Windy City’s control) prevent skydiving (not customer thinks its too cold, they chose the day), customer can either reschedule or receive refund on deposit from the business.
- Age restrictions: must be 18 or older
- Weight restrictions:
The Fine Print
About Skydive Windy City
When it comes to appreciating Chicago's skyline, few experiences can stack up against Skydive Windy City. Just an hour south of the Loop, (the closest jump site to Chicago) jumpers freefall toward breathtaking scenery from over a mile up. On their way down they'll have a clear shot from Chicago to Lake Michigan's south shore, and much of northwest Indiana. Tandem jumpers can enjoy the exhilaration without any worries thanks to professional, experienced instructors who are strapped in behind them for the ride. And though making it to the ground takes just a few minutes, jumpers can relive and share the adventure thanks to available photo and video packages.