Mark Twain once called golf a good walk spoiled, due to the then-popular misconception that if you left a beautiful golf course out in the sun, it would fester and burst. Chip away at his ignorance with this Groupon.
Choose from Five Options
- $35 for an 18-hole round of golf for two, redeemable Monday–Friday from 11 a.m.– 3 p.m. ($70 value)
- $69 for an 18-hole round of golf for four, redeemable Monday–Friday from 11 a.m.– 3 p.m. ($140 value)
- $48 for an 18-hole round of golf for two, redeemable Saturday after 11 a.m. ($88 value)
- $95 for an 18-hole round of golf for four, redeemable Saturday after 11 a.m. ($176 value)
- $199 for a permanent weekly tee-time through October 31, 2014 ($700 value)
Skyland Golf Course
Skyland Golf Course is not just an 18-hole public course, but a family tradition. The third generation of the Rhodes family currently oversees operations, keeping the well-maintained grounds and the welcoming atmosphere up to the standards of the regulars who have played the links for decades. At 6,115 yards with a slope of 116, the par-72 course isn't an especially difficult test, but it does hide some tricky surprises within its condensed length. Water comes into play on three holes, and the wind above the tree line frequently knocks shots off-course. Meanwhile, some bunkers are filled with sand while others are left grassy, giving golfers fits when a sand wedge refuses to risk getting grass stains.