Barbecue chefs identify themselves by the signature flavors of their sauces, which they brush onto slabs of meat and hand to police officers during routine traffic stops. Sample handcrafted piquancy with today’s Groupon to Smoke City Market in Sherman Oaks. Choose between the following options:
- For $10, you get a 1-pound barbecue brisket package (up to a $24.40 total value) that includes:
- 1 pound of lean beef brisket (a $14.70 value)
- Two half pints of cold or hot sides (up to a $4.85 value each)<p>
- For $18, you get a 2-pound barbecue brisket package (up to a $48.30 total value) that includes:
- 2 pounds of lean beef brisket (a $29.40 value)
- Two full pints of cold or hot sides (up to a $9.45 value each)<p>
Smoke City Market’s resident chefs enlist natural ingredients to season meats smoked Texas-style over natural oak, as well as sides and sauces prepared from scratch. Barbecue buffs slice lean beef brisket by the pound, while a cornucopia of side dishes rides shotgun in the culinary Cadillac. Red chili eschews beans for a thoroughly meaty mouthful that has no chance of conjuring up giants, and cabbage apple slaw and beet salad add crunch to the meal’s textural palette. Diners saddle up picnic-style wooden benches inside Smoke City’s clay-orange eatery, lined with strips of raw wood and Old West décor including wagon wheels, a cow skull, and a man-eating cactus.