Like a locked steamer trunk in an attic, barbecue recipes are better when they contain a closely guarded family secret. Finally taste the truth with this Groupon. ####Choose from Three Options
- $22 for the Memphis Sampler barbecue meal for two (a $44.35 total value)
- $44 for the Memphis Sampler barbecue meal for four (an $88.70 total value)
- $66 for the Memphis Sampler barbecue meal for six (a $133.05 total value)<p>
The Memphis Sampler includes the following per two people:
- Half slab of ribs (an $8.49 value)
- Two pieces of barbecued chicken (a $6 value)
- Quarter pound of hickory-smoked brisket (a $3.50 value)
- Quarter pound of hickory-smoked pulled pork (a $3.50 value)
- All-beef sausage (a $4 value)
- Andouille sausage (a $4 value)
- Three sides (a $9.87 value)
- Corn bread (a $1 value)
- House salad (a $3.99 value)<p>
The wood-paneled walls at SmoQ are full of vintage photos of renowned southern barbecue chefs, but that’s only one way the restaurant pays homage to the southern barbecue tradition. The other way is the smell, created by the molasses-brined chicken, hand-rubbed ribs, and spiced sausage basking in the wood smoker for up to 14 hours. The process infuses both succulent slabs of meat and the dining room with a sweet, smoky aroma.
SmoQ’s slow-cooked ribs were called “Best In Show quality” by Cincinnati Magazine, which also deemed the chicken wings “quite possibly the best in the city.” SmoQ was just named "One of the Best Things I Ate All Year", by Polly Campbell, food critic, Cincinnati Enquirer. In addition to the meats, the chefs serve up southern staples such as fried green tomatoes. At the end of the meal, SmoQ finishes in southern style with cinnamon spiced sweet potato pie, topped with whipped cream.