What You'll Get
Nature has proved that dance is an effective way of attracting mates and restoring forgotten celebrities to the public eye. Strut your ballroom stuff, hop your funky hips, or practice the perfect pirouette with today's Groupon to Society Hill Dance Academy: $35 gets you one 45-minute private dance lesson for an individual or a couple, a $120 value. You can choose the style of dance you want to learn, including ballet, ballroom, hip-hop, and belly dance. Plus, this Groupon gives you a chance to practice your moves and socialize with fellow dancers at one of Society Hill's dance parties every Thursday at 9:15 p.m. at SHDA's Center City location, an additional $20 value for couples.
With today's deal, you'll get priceless individualized attention from SHDA's friendly and encouraging teachers. You don't have to worry about a group class moving too quickly or too slowly for your skill level, and you don't have to compete with the prima donna who's obviously taken ballet all her life. Get started on the basics to make the first dance at your wedding stunning, or let loose on the unsuspecting club crowds with your expertly honed hip-hop moves. Hit the barre for a ballet refresher, a fun and lovely way to build long, lean muscles. Never again awkwardly stand beside the cheese table at your sister's upcoming wedding; show off your hot date with a smoldering tango.
SHDA's gorgeous Center City studio is located in Society Hill's historic district. Complete with hardwood floors, exposed brick, and vibrant art on the walls, the warm studio feels more like a friend's posh flat than a dance academy. During the day, bay windows overlooking the cobblestone streets fill the space with natural light; at night, the twinkle of city lights makes the Center City studio a romantic party destination. The Thursday night parties are held at the Center City studio, but you can take your private lesson at either the Center City or Manayunk locations. Though all new students at SHDA are given a brief, complimentary lesson and assessment to determine their goals and skill level, today's deal gets you the same consultation, plus a full-blown private lesson and Thursday night dance party to show off your moves.
Society Hill Dance Academy is Philadelphia Magazine's Best of Philly 2008: Ballroom Dance Lessons, and a top five best dance studio in Philadelphia on MyFOXPhilly.com. Citysearchers give it five stars, and Yelpers give it 4.5:
- A perfect spot for anyone who always wanted to try ballroom dancing and never dared. The staff is friendly, the atmosphere very social and the variety of dance taught pretty large. – Audrey J., Yelp
- Being new to dance, we were nervous, but our wonderful instructor put us at ease. We learned so much & had such fun in our first lesson that we decided to come back every week! The space is beautiful and Shana made us feel so welcome! – kateslovich, Citysearch
- This place is a dream factory. The instructors are patient; the interior design is warm and inviting; and the student dancers have a wide variety of backgrounds and interests. The studio is the perfect oasis for people to achieve their dreams of becoming a dancer. – KC and Co., MyFOXPhilly
Where Your Dreams Take Lift
One CityVoter calls Society Hill Dance Academy a "dream factory." Statistically, 6% of dreams do take place in dance studios. According to dreamologists at the Michigan Dream-stitute, the majority of non-dance dreams are set in the following locations:
- Childhood bedroom
- Evil carnival
- Playboy Mansion, but all the Bunnies are holding gigantic scissors
- Exact booth at Friendly's where Kelly Turner dumped you in 11th grade
- The moon, but your disappointed family is there
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Apr 17, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person. Valid at both Manayunk and Center City locations. Cannot be combined with any other offers. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.