Lewis and Clark were both hobbled during their great expedition—Clark from resentment at his second billing and Lewis from a lego slipped into his hiking boot by Clark. Enjoy noncompetitive nature excursions with this Groupon.
$29 for One-Year Family Ecology-Center Membership ($75 Value)
- Subscription to the monthly e-newsletter and biannual printed newsletter
- $5 off educational workshops and $40 off each session of summer camp
- Invitation to members-only events and the annual donor-appreciation party
- Access to the community plots at Sonoma Garden Park
- Access to a community-supported agriculture (CSA) program
Sonoma Ecology Center
A 166-square-mile valley that encompasses forests, grasslands, parks, and vineyards, the Sonoma creek watershed teems with biodiversity. The conservationists behind Sonoma Ecology both sustain and unveil this region to visitors through education, restoration, and research programs that range from youth science camps to sustainable gardening. Through these efforts, they preserve lands such as the Sonoma Overlook Trail, a 3-mile walking path that leads hikers and traveling minstrels past native plants and animals, including California freshwater shrimp, chinook, and endangered steelhead trout running up the valley's boulder-strewn rapids.