Tapas are smaller than entrees, letting you pretend that you have that disease that makes you a giant. Take tiny bites with this Groupon.
Choose from Four Options
- $55 for dinner for two, valid Sunday–Friday (up to $105 total value)
- $69 for dinner for two, valid any day (up to $105 total value)
- $110 for dinner for four, valid Sunday–Friday (up to $214 total value)
- $139 for dinner for four, valid any day ($214 total value)
- Click here to see the menus
Each dinner includes the following per pair:
- Two tapas, salad, or cocas (up to $12 value each)
- Two entrees (up to $27 value each)
- One dessert (up to $9 value)
- Two glasses of wine (up to $9 value each); dinner for four option receives one bottle of wine (up to $40)
Sonora Restaurant– lauded in the New York Times for its menu's sophistication– puts a lot of twists on the classic ideas of South American cooking. This is all thanks to Bogotá-born head chef and owner Rafael Palomino, who built his board of fare from the ceviches, paellas, and tapas dishes he remembered fondly from childhood—then enhanced them with techniques he learned while cooking in New York and Paris. The result is a signature ceviche made with sweet mango and buttery lobster. The succulent crustaceans also appear in the restaurant's house trio of tapas, alongside foie gras and passionfruit sorbet. Asparagus and quinoa arrive wrapped inside Spanish-style croquettes and crowned with mint yogurt sauce. The chef likewise dresses up the crispy fried oysters of his childhood with a side of sweet plantains and chorizo sausage, topping the plate with saffron-mojito sauce.
Rafael demonstrates equal creativity in his large plates. His staple paella blends four types of shellfish, chorizo sausage, and rice. Other flourishes include rubbing rib-eye steaks with rich ground coffee and sautéing scallops with mexican sweet corn in chardonnay sauce. For dessert, the dulce de leche cheesecake with guava sauce is highly recommended, with its inspiration attributed to Argentine pastry chefs and that time the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man exploded.
What some people are buzzing about:
92% of 203 customers recommend
“Great drinks, great service and most of all great food!”
“beef delectable, tender and nicely flavored, setting lovely, service great”
“Outstanding in every way from start to finish.......service, food, ambiance all wonderful One of the very best restaurants in the NYC metropolitan area.......5 stars!”