Children can reveal an artistic temperament at a young age by spattering ice cream on white tablecloths and denying that a pacifier is a pacifier. Encourage an early brush with greatness with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
$79 for a two-day Mosaic Masterpiece Camp (a $195 value)
- Designed for kids aged 7–18
- Students create a 12”x12” mirror or a 12”x12” stepping stone, cutting and assembling their own glass art
- Classes are capped at ten students<p>
$89 for a two-day Fusing and Flaming Fun Camp (a $250 value)
- Designed for kids aged 12–18
- Students first learn basic glass-cutting techniques in the warm shop before moving on to the flame shop to create glass beads with propane and oxygen torches
- Classes are limited to ten students<p>
Sonoran Glass School
Sonoran Glass School may sound like a Hollywood stuntman school, since students are encouraged to play with glass, flame, and saws. However, their in-depth glass-working classes teach pupils how to create delicate objets d'art under the watchful eye of a host of experienced instructors. Torchworking classes teach pupils how to shape their own paperweights and vases out of molten glass, and facet-cutting courses let students create mosaics depicting abstract designs or themselves making mosaics of abstract designs. Kids' and adult classes offer age-appropriate instruction, and an 10-student class cap for most courses ensures plenty of one-on-one time with the teacher.
633 W 18th St.
Tucson, Arizona 85701