Dining out with friends can foster healthy relationships that might otherwise be limited to impersonal group texts or overly personal bathtime visits. Get a bite in person with a person with today’s Groupon to SoRo Chill & Grille. Choose between the following options:
- For $24, you get a contemporary southern meal for two (up to a $50.99 total value) that includes the following:
- One appetizer (up to a $12.99 value; excludes SoRo sampler)
Two entrees (up to a $19 value each; excludes surf ‘n’ turf)<p>
- For $43, you get a contemporary southern meal for four (up to a $101.98 total value) that includes the following:
- Two appetizers (up to a $12.99 value each; excludes SoRo sampler)
- Four entrees (up to a $19 value each; excludes surf ‘n’ turf)<p>
At SoRo Chill & Grille, culinary wizards decorate plates with locally grown produce and Cajun-style meats and seafood, garnering it praise as one of Southwest Roanoke County’s Best New Things in 2010 from the Roanoke Times’ SWoCo. Quartets can overture dinner symphonies with appetizers of the 12-piece new orleans barbecue shrimp, which simmers in a traditional creole sauce meant to be sopped up with crusty french bread or unusually absorbent mustaches. Entrees such as the pasta Mardi Gras fill noodle-shaped voids in diners’ stomachs with Cajun-cream-sauce-cosseted fettuccine adorned by crawfish, andouille sausage, and blackened chicken breast. The rib platter’s half-rack of slow-cooked meat morsels saunters to the table with fries and a piquant barbecue sauce, spurring on twosomes to finger-paint plates with love letters to the chef.
SoRo’s commitment to supporting the community extends past menu ingredients to locally made furniture and live music performed by Roanoke artists. The welcoming stone fireplace warms guests, and a large communal table encourages mingling or 30-person games of patty-cake.