What You'll Get
Slow cooking food unlocks its inherent flavor and tenderness, and relaxes it enough to eat it without inciting a ticklish fit of laughter. Enjoy some giggle-free tenderness with today’s Groupon to Soul. Choose between the following options:
- For $24, you get four chicken-and-waffle entrees (a $48 value). Only one entree can be redeemed per day.
- For $60, you get Thanksgiving sides for four people (a $121 total value). The sides include:
- 2 quarts of candied yams (a $16 value)
- 2 quarts of mac ‘n’ cheese (a $24 value)
- 2 quarts of cornbread stuffing (a $24 value)
- 1.5 quarts of collard greens (a $24 value)
- 1 quart of turkey gravy (an $18 value)
- 1 quart of cranberry sauce (a $15 value)
Soul’s culinary artists sizzle up a menu of delectable Southern soul foods infused with inspired splashes of Pacific island flavors. Chefs sizzle up batches of buttermilk fried chicken, which won the restaurant a Nonstop Honolulu award for best fried chicken in 2011. When paired with syrupy waffles, the meal conjures extreme notes of sweet and savory and distracts mouths from shouting their owners’ email-password hints.
Patrons can also take advantage of Soul’s award-winning kitchen to plan for Thanksgiving feasts with a bounty of succulent sides. Customers can dress naked tables with bowls of mac ‘n’ cheese and cornbread stuffing, or paint tablecloths a vibrant red with tangy cranberry sauce. Chefs obtain collard greens from local Mohala farms, and smuggle in sweet, marshmallow-infused yams from the honeyed fields of Candy Land. Though not included in today’s Groupon, patrons can also supplement their meals with fried turkey legs ($36, feed four to six people), banana pudding ($20), or sweet-potato pie with whipped cream ($20).
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per household, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Limit 1 entree per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Reservation required 72hr in advance for Thanksgiving option, redeemable only on 11/24/11. May redeem across visits. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.