Americans have always been determined to blaze new trails, whether wading through the waist-deep layer of tumbleweed covering Arizona or hacking through the petrified forest of national flags on the moon. Conquer the final frontier, the ocean, with this Groupon.
Choose from Six Options
- $109 for a three-hour bird-rookery tour for two (a $230 value)
- $139 for a three-hour bird-rookery tour for four (a $316 value)
- $159 for a four-hour Emerald Bay morning tour for two (a $330 value)
- $219 for a four-hour Emerald Bay morning tour for four (a $480 value)
- $59 for a one-day kayak rental for two (two singles or one double) (up to a $140 value)
- $159 for a four-day kayak rental for two (two singles or one double) (up to a $440 value)
On bird-rookery tours, departing at 9 a.m., 2 p.m., and 6 p.m. daily, kayakers glide along sea cliffs, beholding waterfalls and glaciers on their way to a bird rookery that's home to 10,000 black-legged kittiwakes. Emerald Bay tours, departing at 10 a.m., also visit the rookery before crossing Passage Canal and visiting the quiet, pristine Emerald Bay, as well as other small, protected coves.
All rentals and tours include kayaks, paddles, paddle jackets or rain gear, and knee-high rubber boots.
Prince William Sound Kayak Center
The outdoor enthusiasts at Prince William Sound Kayak Center continue more than 30 years of meeting visitors' comfort by adjusting each kayak's foot braces, teaching self-rescue techniques, and providing shuttle service to the nearby waters with every rental. To further demonstrate their commitment to clients' well-being and enjoyment, they maintain a fleet of single and double kayaks, all constructed of fiberglass instead of plastic for optimal sturdiness, and coated in a brussels-sprouts flavor to repel hungry seals. In these vessels outfitted with inflated back-support cushions, instructors lead a sea-kayaking course that prepares paddlers to navigate through waters studded with chunks of glacial ice. Their team also organizes tours that range from guided day outings to escorted overnight trips that last up to four days.