Choose from Six Options
- $39 for a 90-minute introductory sailing lesson for one ($75 value)
- $75 for a 90-minute introductory sailing lesson for two ($150 value)
- $39 for a 90-minute BYOB cruise for one ($75 value)
- $75 for a 90-minute BYOB cruise for two ($150 value)
- $145 for a 90-minute BYOB cruise for four ($300 value)
- $145 for a 90-minute introductory sailing lesson for four ($300 value)
Up to six guests board a 26-foot J/80 sailboat and cruise the South Bay for 90 minutes between 10 a.m. and sunset. For the lessons, passengers learn basic sailing skills and knot-tying techniques from an onboard instructor, and for BYOB cruises, guests can bring drinks and food to snack on as they kick back and enjoy the scenery.
South Bay Sailing School
South Bay Sailing School immerses its patrons in the art of wind-propelled boating in the rolling tides near Redondo Beach. With an able stable of watercraft, its skilled sailing instructors await to impart lessons, competition rentals, and relaxing charters. The company's fleet of J/Boats, Farr Yachts, and Topper Sailboats compete in local and long-distance races when not being used for the noble work of helping nautical hopefuls of all levels achieve captainship through South Bay Sailing School's ASA-certified lessons, which were recently voted Best Sailing Lessons in Easy Reader's Best of the Beach. Instructors can also ferry patrons around the verdant South Bay coastline during charter cruises, including special variants such as sunset cruises and champagne sojourns. South Bay Sailing School conducts its watery excursions year round, enabling guests to challenge local dolphins to multiple staring-contest rematches.