Choose Between Two Options
- $10 for a 50-minute guided bus tour of Ellsworth Air Force Base for two ($16 value)
- $20 for a 50-minute guided bus tour of Ellsworth Air Force Base for four ($32 value)
Tours include free admission to museum exhibits. Tour tickets are regularly $5 for children ages 12 and under.
South Dakota Air and Space Museum
The South Dakota Air and Space Museum couldn't have a better neighbor—it sits beside Ellsworth Airforce Base, so in addition to showcasing antique military aircraft, it can also give visitors a peek at the workings of military air travel as it exists today.
- The Arsenal: 30 aircraft and 3 missiles
- Striking Contrast: Outside, take a look at General Dwight Eisenhower's gleaming B-25 Mitchell standing nearby a sleek B-1B Lancer. The B-1B is currently flown out of Ellsworth AFB.
- Star Attraction: The interior of a Minuteman II launch control capsule
- Don't Miss: Take a seat behind a glossy wood desk that once belonged to the 1957 28th Bomb Wing Commanders for a commanding photo op.
- Most Unusual Exhibit: Look up at the ceiling of the indoor gallery and you'll see the Quickie—a homemade aircraft that actually flies.
- Get Hands On: Take virtual flight in the MQ-9 Reaper simulator, as well as enjoy the B-1B, F-16 and F-106 cockpits with interactive sound effects.