In olden times, climbing into the sky was only attainable by finding magic beans and then selling them to buy a blimp. Fly retro-style with this Groupon.
$59 for a Lieutenant-Level Membership ($120 Value)
- One 30-minute flight experience in a C-47 departing from Meacham Airport. The aircraft holds 16 people.
- Aircraft tour
- T-shirt and commemorative patch
- Offers to fly on members’-only trips
- Periodical free trips to airshows
- Quarterly parties for families<p>
Southern Cross C-47
Originally a TWA aircraft, the Southern Cross Douglas C-47 was adopted by the Army Air Corps to shuttle troops to the front. The twin-propeller plane survived World War II and in the ensuing years underwent a series of makeovers. Its career includes years spent as a reliable set of wings for Delta Air Lines, a troupe of skydiving enthusiasts, and at least one head of state. The C-47 is now meticulously restored to its original WWII-era condition and in the dutiful care of Greatest Generation Aircraft, a nonprofit organization that introduces 21st-century crowds to the C-47 during rides and aerial shows.