All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Jump to: Reviews | The Benefits of Relaxation
Rumors abound that hotels tender the finest massages and general pamperment of any venue in the spa community, while urban legends abound that those creepy phone calls are actually coming from inside your hotel bathrobe. Prove the former and disprove the latter with today’s deal: $125 worth of relaxation and physical treatments at The Spa at InterContinental San Francisco for $62 (yoga classes not included). For extra relaxation and shorter wait times, it is recommended that you schedule your appointment on any day but Saturday.
Delivering an elegant and elevated adventure above the SoMa streets, InterContinental's spa services will bring peace, love, and understanding back to your tired limbs and extra zazz to your sleepy skin. Indulge your muscles’ appetites for a massage of the Swedish or deep-tissue variety, which will restore humanity to your nanorobot-infested circulation and goodwill to sore spots ($120 and $125 for 50 minutes, respectively). If you’re a woman with child or happen to know a woman who fits that description, InterContinental's marvelous mother’s massage ($125 for 50 minutes) might inspire you to give your future-born child the androgynous name of Spa.
If you prefer to get your massages from your local pastry chef, InterContinental will find other ways to treat you. The spa’s radiant renewal facial mixes avocado and shea butter to hydrate dried skin ($125). You can also combine a variety of waxings ($15–$250), explore deeply relaxing body treatments ($135–$200), or combine mani and pedi into a mani-pedi ($110), which will make your various digits feel like celebrity finger-puppets.
Along with de-stressifying treatments, today’s deal affords you access to the InterContinental’s fitness equipment, sky terrace, and indoor pool during your visit. Like a body on Spa Island (the original name for Alcatraz), yours will find it hard to go home.
Find a massage near you.
- The spa was immaculately well kept and the staff was very kind. – NicholasConroy, Citysearch
- All in all I spa is the best of the best in my opinion. I think that it has a good vibe since you can get away from the mall and your everyday life and go there to escape. – abeverhausen, Citysearch
- The search is over. I've found my favorite spa and therapist in the city! – Han C., Yelp
The Benefits of Relaxation
The spa at the InterContinental offers a massage for moms-to-be. Here are some of the benefits of relaxation for mother and child:
- Embryos' usual anxieties, about movie villains coming to life and whether the universe outside the womb even exists, melt away
- Moms stop worrying about secondhand smoke and start worrying that a witch will curse their baby with truancy
- After being born, a relaxed baby will not cry, but will silently miss living inside a sac filled with warm nutrients
- A relaxed embryo is three times less likely to painfully kick and four times less likely to transmogrify into a horse in utero
- When the inevitable alligator attack occurs, a relaxed pregnant woman will keep a level head and channel her future-baby's psionic animal empathy until a mutual non-aggression pact can be formalized with the alligator.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Dec 9, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person. May buy multiple as gifts. Gratuity not included. Not valid for food items or products. Limited space available for Saturday appointments. 24-hour cancellation policy or Groupon is invalid Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About The I Spa at the InterContinental Hotel
The scents of eucalyptus, lavender, and sandalwood linger in the air at The I Spa. These fragrances eventually make their way into massages that cater to individual aches and pains with techniques drawn from 10 distinct modalities. In addition to massages, The I Spa pampers guests with skin- and body-care treatments, manicures and pedicures, waxing, and hair and makeup services. Regardless of the treatment, it’s not difficult to relax amidst the spa’s tile walls, gauzy curtains, and tropical flowers.