Re-cooperate from a whirlwind of holiday happenings with today's Groupon to Spa Newbury: for $77, you get one Spa Body Worship Package, a luxurious bundle of refreshing spa services put together specifically for Groupon holders (a $195 value). Let Spa Newbury take you through a journey of muscular and cerebral rejuvenation. No need to strap in—this ride will be far from bumpy.
Spa Newbury's staff will greet you with smiles, spa water, and snacks such as cookies, crackers, and fruit. The first part of the Body Worship Package incorporates the simultaneous rituals of scrub, wrap, and massage. The treatment begins with a full-body scrub with your choice of warm java, orange vanilla, peppermint, cucumber, or pineapple scent for gentle exfoliation. Meanwhile, a heated mud-therapy wrap is carefully applied to mend and soothe aching backs. While you're in a heightened state of bliss, the precise hands of a skilled spa therapist, will knead tension away in an express full-body massage with a berry body moisturizer to produce fortifying and rehydrating results. Next, so as not to neglect your people movers, technicians will feed your tired feet to a green-tea spa foot soak; a dip in this ravenous fountain of youth transforms tired dogs into chipper pups.
While Spa Newbury's environment is warm and inviting, its status is far from unknown—setting up an appointment is advisable. Your Groupon is also good for spur-of-the-moment drop-ins as one never knows when the need for an emergency spa escape will arise.
Due to high demand, after the initial appointment is scheduled, Groupon customers will not be allowed to reschedule their appointment. Appointments are available Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m.–8 p.m.; Friday 9 a.m.–9 p.m.; and Saturdays and Sundays, 6 p.m.–9 p.m.
- Spa Newbury is all about making dudes feel at home: Over 50 percent of their waxing services are provided just for men. – Kari Jaick, Weeklydig.com
- As one of the more reasonably priced boutique spas on Newbury Street, this haven is credited with bringing an eclectic assortment of couples spa services to town —and catering to Boston’s younger populace. – Marketa Hulpachova, INsite Magazine
- Spa Newbury, is one of the most well-known spas in Boston. Considering the range of exotic beauty treatments it offers, it is rightly so. This place offers the best in everything, be it facials, massages or body treatments. – Boston: City Insider, Marriott
Although some users were unhappy with Spa Newbury's cancellation policy and prices, Citysearchers give Spa Newbury an average of 3.5 Stars:
- They have the best skin care, the best massages, the best manicures and the best pedicures. My pedicure was an hour. My manicure was almost an hour. AND I got a full 60 minute massage and hour long facial. Exactly what I paid for. Quite refreshing. – betsey_boston
- The staff were knowledgeable, friendly and excellent at their specialities. They had something like 4 or 5 skin care lines to choose from. They effortlessly went overboad [sic]...My friends and I argued about who had the best therapist - it was that good. – heather_f_123
- Their facility is gorgeous. I had a foot soak in one of their new pedicure chairs that floats up and down and a chair massage. Both were out of this world. Can't wait to be back! With friends! – kallieh
Guys Welcome, Too
According to Weeklydig.com, Spa Newbury is "all about making dudes feel at home." Besides all the lady-centric services Spa Newbury provides, here are just some of the ways Spa Newbury makes dudes feel like dudes:
- Calls everyone, even women, "Dude."
- Nachos, nachos, nachos!
- Free ice cream served in little batting helmets.
- Spa's speakers play zydeco, men's favorite music.
- Spa treatments are "dude-ified" by shirtless pics of famous dudes like Matthew McConaughey, Woody Harrelson, and John Larroquette.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.