Spas have a tendency to be more gender segregated than the dance floor at the annual NBA/WNBA Spirit Banquet. Today’s Groupon introduces a new aesthetic-enhancing emporium that pampers both sexes. For $50, you’ll get $100 worth of spa services at SpaNow in the heart of the Inner Loop.
Mingle with the opposite sex in the co-ed relaxation lounge before you’re whisked off to your treatment. For her, try a Fabulous Face facial, an hour-long, 10-step process for a radiant complexion ($90). For him, opt for a manly manicure, a 45-minute shaping, massage, and paraffin wax designed exclusively for grooming ragged manpaws.
If you can’t bear to be apart from your sweetie for the duration of a spa treatment, use your Groupon toward a treatment-for-two service in the swanky couple's suite. Feed each other gourmet nibbles and compare who has the largest pinky toes with the three-hour package, which features side-by-side massages and spa pedicures guaranteed to cause love effects even for seeming opposites who will never attract, such as rival news anchors, rival toy store owners, or rival boat captains ($280).
The world-renowned interior designer behind Ibiza, Hugo’s, Shade, and Gravitas designed SpaNow’s luxuriously cool space. Spa-goers will appreciate posh touches (pastel suede sofas, mosaic tiling) and a Thursday night happy hour.
The new relaxation station is already netted media buzz with mentions in the Houston Chronicle’s Gloss section and coverage in Houston Magazine’s party pages:
- The beauty spot—which features mosaic tiled walls by Ferenc Dreef of SoVino and Ibiza, plush lavender suede seats and Thursday- night happy hours—oﬀers a tempting menu of signature treatments, like the “Diamond Radiance” (an anti-aging facial), pomegranate peel, sugar scrubs, a hot rocks pedicure and more! – CW, Houston Magazine
- SpaNow, created by Sean O’Connell, is an updated take on a relaxation and beauty maintenance shop. – Heather Staible, Houston Chronicle
Future Spas: The Future is Soon
Sure, spas are great now, but what about spas in the future? Here are a few things future spa patrons will have to look forward to:
- Massages from robots with lifelike human hands but without the lifelike human ability to feel shame.
- Memory-erasing devices ensure you can gossip with a pedicurist without anyone hearing.
- Highly advanced artificial intelligence units determine the most flattering color of nail polish.
- “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder” becomes literally true as beauty-detecting microchips are implanted in corneas and spas become more important than ever.
- Flying manicures.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.