Unblemished complexions are rarely found outside of Renaissance paintings, airbrushed magazine ads, and airbrushed Renaissance paintings. Swipe skincare tips from Aphrodite with this Groupon. ####$44 for a Skin-Brightening Regimen for Tan, Olive, and Brown Skin Tones ($100.95 Total Value)
The full regimen includes:
- SPF 30 daily hydrating lotion treatment with antioxidants (a $22.99 value)
- Night-treatment complex with retinol (a $23.99 value)
- Skin-brightening serum with licorice and antioxidants (a $29.99 value)
- Daily gentle cleanser (a $13.99 value)
- Exfoliating cleansing cloths with two-sided textures (a $9.99 value)
- Guidelines for use, to reflect skincare regimen directions given by dermatologists during office visits.<p>
After noticing a lack of skincare products catering to women of color and those dealing with hyperpigmentation, Dr. Heather Woolery-Lloyd devised her own recipes over the course of a decade. She based her approach on the time-tested Kligman Formula––devised by the founder of modern dermatology––that supports combining active ingredients to treat skin quickly and instill discipline in temporary tattoos. Today, her Specific Beauty line has been praised by the Today show and numerous magazines.
Packaged in cerulean-blue bottles, products such as hydrating lotions and skin-brightening serums work to even out complexions, brighten skin, and lighten dark spots on an à la carte basis or team up in the comprehensive Specific Beauty Regimen package. They eschew common chemical components such as paraben, hydroquinone, and hydrocortisone, choosing instead to refurbish skin with natural licorice and ginger root. These alternative approaches have showcased their efficacy in blind tests, independent lab trials, and a clinical six-week trial in which most regimen participants reported a lightening in skin tone. To further public knowledge of general skincare, Dr. Woolery-Lloyd doles out pro tips online, in national lectures, in her private practice, and at the University of Miami, where she is the director of ethnic skincare.