- 15 Bottles of Winter Red Wine with Wine Thermometer
Featuring 8 unique wines (15 total bottles) from 6 amazing countries, this is also a great way to taste your way through the world. It has Cabernet, Shiraz, Merlot and more. Every order includes a bottle of 2011 Chateau Franc-Cardinal Bordeaux and a deluxe wine thermometer that will ensure you serve your wines at the perfect temperature. Learn more about these wines here.
- Chateau Franc-Cardinal: silver-medal-winning blend of merlot, cabernet franc, and malbec; plum and prune notes balanced with slight smokiness and a hint of almond.
- Silver medals in “Best French Wines and Spirits Competition” in Hong Kong and in Germany
- Praised by renowned wine expert Jancis Robinson, who called the wine one of the most under-appreciated wines she’s tasted
- Product of a petite chateau and operated by the Holzberg family, where the winery is in final stages of certification as an organic wine producer
- Blend of merlot (72%), cabernet franc (24%), and malbec (4%)
- Encostas do Coa Red: Portuguese red blend, ruby color, fruit-forward aroma, smooth tannins
- Caponero Vino Rosso: Italian blend, ruby color, notes of ripe red fruit, licorice spice, floral aromas; robust palate with black fruit balanced with touch of wood smoke; pair with pasta, roasted meats, game dishes
- Alexander the Great Cabernet: Bulgarian wine, dense cherry red color with notes of black currant and red berries, smooth tannins; pair with braised short ribs or braise the meat with the wine itself
- Tapaculo Merlot: versatile wine that pairs well with food, from leftover pizza to filet mignon; medium body, round fruit flavors, silky tannins
- New World Shiraz: created with natural techniques, South African wine; spicy and fresh, pair with boldly-flavored dinner
- Mare Viva Red Blend: Portuguese blend of native grapes; ripe and juicy palate, flavors of plum and strawberry, long-lasting finish, soft tannins; pairs well with most foods
- Magnifico Cuvee Rosso: Red blend of classic Italian grape varietals; red fruit notes, smooth finish with balance of acidity, fruit, and tannins; pair with pasta
Three generations of wine-selling expertise and 15 years in the Internet wine business have been poured into Splash Wines. The company simplifies the process of discovering and buying great wines by developing relationships with winemakers and procuring an eclectic cellar, then shipping mixed cases directly to customers. Oenophiles can expect to find both familiar names and obscure new wines from around the world—including many chosen for their ability to pair well with food and oxygen.