What You'll Get
As the fairy tale goes, Rapunzel miraculously escaped the castle tower in a bold dash toward the exit despite her deadweight mess of hair snagging on every turn. Snip lengthy locks and free yourself from fangled follicles with today's deal: for $40, you get one men's or women's haircut, blow-dry, style, and conditioning treatment at Splitends in Costa Mesa (up to a $160 value). Though the price of each styling varies depending on the stylist, all of Splitends' stylists are available with your Groupon.
At Splitends, men and women are encouraged to experiment with their look, which may result in strangers' inaudible mouth gapes and excessive staring. Confidently pass off the reigns of your flashy hair-drawn chariot to one of the many aesthetically adventurous stylists. Call on owner and resident rock sculptor Christopher Hall, whose razor-sharp electro-clash cuts will have Grandma pulling her hair out and then selling her hair on the Internet to pay for an electro-clash cut. Or Gina, whose knowledge of high-end products will leave you with locks more flowing than a soccer star’s, more volume pumped than a soccer crowd, and more sparkling than a freshly washed minivan belonging to one well-kempt soccer parent.
Frequent visitors to Splitends know better than to be fooled by the contemporary, stripped-down décor. Bold lipstick reds pop off pure white walls and floors throughout the space, leaving stylist and stylee positively isolated in a chic, clean-cut negative space. Despite its sophisticated environment, the salon still remains absolutely inclusive for visitors of all cranial shapes and follicular colors, making today's Groupon an opportune opportunity for anyone except for naked sea anenomies.
- ...this stark white salon with eye-catching red accents never fails to impress...Splitends looks and feels like an upscale urban hideout...there's always some kind of commotion going on...Splitends feels more like a happening party than a stuffy salon. – Jenn Tanaka, Coast
- ...if it's the latest and hottest cut you're looking for, you'll find it at Splitends in Costa Mesa... – Katherine Nguyen, Orange County Register
- This place is a gem. – Lydia T., Yelp
- The whole crew at Splitends are amazing, friendly, and professional. Plus the space itself is beautiful because it doubles as The Box gallery. So you're surrounded by beautiful art work while getting an amazing haircut. – moufflet, Citysearch
- This place was great! I was very happy with my hair cut...It is more of a place where the atmosphere is like going to a friends house to get your hair cut, it is very relaxed and does not have a formal set up. – Morgan C., Yelp
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Oct 22, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Must redeem all services in 1 visit. By appointment only. Not valid with other offers. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.