Load up on fashionable duds for men and women with today’s deal: $50 for $100 worth of clothing at Spoken Boutique, a trendy downtown clothier located within walking distance of the city’s art galleries and fusion restaurants. In other words, you can look great, and then go somewhere great and look great there.
A plentiful and well-organized selection of denim from lines such as Justin Timberlake’s William Rast, Yanuk, and Chip and Pepper fills the 300-square-foot loft-like space. If you’re fraught with indecision over the choice between bootcut or skinny, owners Amber Dennison and Jodi Mickelson are on hand to help. The duo pride themselves on providing superior customer service, whether it’s pulling pieces, complementing the Yoana Baraschi dress you’re trying on, or making over your man.
Alongside stacks of neatly folded denim, you’ll find racks full of flirty blouses by Nu Collective and cardigans by Kensie. Spoken also carries a selection of accessories, including brightly hued clutches by Onna Ehrich/Sway Showroom and delicate jewelry.
Spoken Boutique’s stylish wares and stellar customer service have been praised in a full rack’s worth of magazines, including 944 Magazine, Contact Magazine, Homespa, College Affair, Lucky, Where Magazine, and Desert Living.
Yelpers give Spoken four stars:
- Love the vibe in this small and trendy store. I could drop major bank in here; this store is pricey but it can compete with any NYC boutique with what they are selling. Cute stuff and very hip :) – Formicas..
- The fabulous female duo that runs this place! They got talent. Quickly dressing my hub in what looks good on him, and tossing me a pair of heels to go with the dress I was modeling in front of the 3way, they knew how to make the most of the short time we did have and make it work. – Mara T.
- They carry a wide selection of lines, most of which you would be hard pressed to find elsewhere. (People's Liberation, William Rast) The selection is well chosen, in addition to the denim there are great dresses and fun tops that will fill out the rest of your closet. – Kristen S.
Dress For Success
Spoken Boutique is a bastion of style in a world increasingly clad in sweatpants and baseball caps. This trend toward the slovenly has unfortunately been reinforced by Adford Scarpelli’s ubiquitous 1986 men’s fashion guide, How To Barely Try. Here are some excerpts:
- Women work hard on their appearance, and don’t want to be upstaged. If she goes formal, go casual. If she goes casual, coat yourself in bicycle grease.
- An open Hawaiian shirt and zodiac medallion send the message that you’re ready for that job catching fish with a newspaper.
- Deodorant is for ballerinas. Just rub a banana there.
Click here to discuss Groupon the Cat.
610 E Roosevelt St
Phoenix, Arizona 85004Get Directions