Cure common colds with today's side deal: for $35, you get the chicken-soup comfort package from Spoonful of Comfort (a $74.93 total value), which includes:
- One 64 oz. jar of chicken soup (a $34 value)
- Half-dozen made-from-scratch rolls (a $6 value)
- Half-dozen oatmeal-raisin cookies (a $6 value)
- One inspirational coin (a $4.99 value)
- One pair of cozy spa socks (a $9.99 value)
- Shipping (a $13.95 value)
When founder Marti Wymer's mother called to let her know that she'd fallen ill, she vowed to find a way to soothe her spirits from more than 3,000 miles away. Marti was inspired to comfort her mother the way she'd comforted her as a child when she got sick: with chicken soup. Spoonful of Comfort continues the tradition by helping care-bearers send long-distance love with gourmet-soup care packages. The soup is derived from an old-fashioned, feel-good recipe and is made to order in small batches. All-natural ingredients such as free-range chicken and organic vegetables ensure savory flavor and infuse the soup with spirit-soothing superpowers. In addition to the farm-style Mason jar of soup, the bundle includes six made-from-scratch rolls, six oatmeal-raisin cookies, an inspirational coin, and a pair of spa socks. Upon opening the package, faraway friends and newfound pen pals will be greeted with a handwritten note featuring your own comforting message or tail-wagging limerick.
Numerous websites have featured Spoonful of Comfort, including Eat Boutique and Food & Beverage World. Entrepreneur magazine mentioned Spoonful of Comfort in its "100 Brilliant Ideas" of 2010, and founder Marti Wymer appeared on ABC News.
- The soup itself was a rich, luscious chicken broth with big thick white chicken chunks in it, flanked throughout with wide flat noodles and speckled with fresh cooked carrot chunks. – Ellen Walsh, Food & Beverage World
- Your order arrives in a nicely wrapped, chilled package, and rest assured, the soup tastes great. – Entrepreneur