What You'll Get
Chicken Soup for the Chicken's Soul is the least sold title in the series because chickens are stoic creatures adept at illegally downloading eBooks. Take comfort in the comforts only these flavorful file-sharers can give with today's deal to Spoonful of Comfort. For $35, you get the chicken soup comfort package (a $74.93 total value), which includes:
- One 64 oz. jar of chicken soup (a $34 value)
- Half-dozen made-from-scratch rolls ($6)
- Half-dozen oatmeal raisin cookies ($6)
- One inspirational coin ($4.99)
- One pair of cozy spa socks ($9.99)
- Shipping ($13.95)
- Extra gift cards to "pay it forward"
When founder Marti Wymer's mother called to let her that she'd fallen ill, she vowed to find a way to sooth her spirits from more than 3,000 miles away. Marti was inspired to comfort her mother the way she'd comforted her as a child when she got sick: with chicken soup. Spoonful of Comfort continues the tradition by helping care-bearers send long-distance love with gourmet soup-care packages. The soup is derived from an old-fashioned, feel-good recipe and is made to order in small batches. All-natural ingredients such as free-range chicken and organic vegetables ensure savory flavor and infuse the soup with spirit-soothing superpowers. In addition to the farm-style Mason jar of soup, the bundle includes six made-from-scratch rolls, six oatmeal-raisin cookies, an inspirational coin, a pair of spa socks, and Spoonful of Comfort gift cards. Upon opening the package, faraway friends and newfound pen pals will be greeted with a handwritten note featuring your own comforting message or tail-wagging limerick.
Spoonful of Comfort's country cure-all will impress broth buffs, cheer up remote woebegones, and force the unconditional surrender of cold- and flu-bug tank battalions. Today, Spoonful of Comfort works with local, national, and international charities and contributes a portion of every sale to the American Cancer Society.
Numerous websites have featured Spoonful of Comfort, including Eat Boutique and Food & Beverage World. Entrepreneur magazine mentioned Spoonful of Comfort in its "100 Brilliant Ideas" of 2010, and founder Marti Wymer appeared on ABC News.
- The soup itself was a rich, luscious chicken broth with big thick white chicken chunks in it, flanked throughout with wide flat noodles and speckled with fresh cooked carrot chunks. – Ellen Walsh, Food & Beverage World
- Your order arrives in a nicely wrapped, chilled package, and rest assured, the soup tastes great. – Entrepreneur
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jan 15, 2012. Amount paid never expires. Limit 3 per person. Not valid until 1/16/11. Not valid with other offers. Shipping included. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.