All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Chicken Soup for the Chicken's Soul is the least sold title in the series because chickens are stoic creatures adept at illegally downloading e-books. Take comfort in the comforts only these flavorful file-sharers can give with today's Groupon from Spoonful of Comfort: for $35, you get the chicken-soup comfort package (a $74.93 total value), which includes:
- One 64 oz. mason jar of chicken soup (a $34 value)
- Half-dozen made-from-scratch rolls ($6)
- Half-dozen oatmeal-raisin cookies ($6)
- One inspirational coin ($4.99)
- One pair of cozy spa socks ($9.99)
- Shipping ($13.95)
- Extra gift cards to "pay it forward"
When founder Marti Wymer's mother called to let her know that she'd fallen ill, Marti vowed to find a way to soothe her spirits from more than 3,000 miles away. Marti was inspired to comfort her mother the way she'd comforted her as a child when she got sick: with chicken soup. Spoonful of Comfort continues the tradition by helping care-bearers send long-distance love with gourmet-soup care packages. The soup is derived from an old-fashioned, feel-good recipe and is made to order in small batches. All-natural ingredients such as free-range chicken and organic vegetables ensure savory flavor and infuse the soup with spirit-soothing superpowers. Upon opening the package, faraway friends and newfound pen pals will be greeted with a handwritten note, featuring your own comforting message or tail-wagging limerick.
Spoonful of Comfort's country cure-all will impress broth buffs, cheer up remote woebegoneness, and force the unconditional surrender of cold- and flu-bug tank battalions. Today, Spoonful of Comfort works with local, national, and international charities and contributes a portion of every sale to the American Cancer Society.
- The old-fashioned blend is handmade fresh from all-natural ingredients (no additives or preservatives). It’s the recipe you’d expect — chicken, noodles, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper — prepared in small batches for brilliant flavor, then shipped right to your door. – Daily Candy.
- The soup itself was a rich, luscious chicken broth with big thick white chicken chunks in it, flanked throughout with wide flat noodles and speckled with fresh cooked carrot chunks.– Ellen Walsh, Food & Beverage World
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jan 8, 2012. Amount paid never expires. Limit 3 per person. Not valid until 1/9/11. Not valid with other offers. Shipping included. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.