Today's Groupon gets you motivated enough to get off the couch or peel an entire banana: if you're a first-time visitor to Sport & Health Clubs, $15 gets you a 30-day membership (a $99 value) to any one of the 22 clubs in the area, plus one session with a personal trainer (a $100 value).
Membership gets you access to all classes, amenities, and equipment at any one of the 22 Sport and Health locations, which may include (depending on location) a steamroom/sauna, a pool, squash courts, tennis courts, free weights, a whirlpool, a replica American Gladiators' Eliminator, and the pro shop.
Sport & Health has a huge selection of fitness classes, so you can get a workout by hitting a treadmill or lifting a microwave over your head. Learn to kick with Shotokan Karate or Brazilian JiuJitsu, or shake butt with Afro-Caribbean dancing, Scottish Highland dancing, or belly dancing. Take different yoga classes, including Iyengar, Hatha, restorative, and intro to yoga. Blast your core with Pilates mat classes, or enlist in a Pilates boot camp to scare your abs out of hiding. Sporty types can swim, golf, box, play tennis and racquetball, or join volleyball, basketball, and handball leagues.
If you have trouble deciding where to begin, your personal training session, which includes goal setting, a fitness assessment, and workout planning, will help you etch your fitness goals into a 100-pound slab of limestone. If you decide to join Sport & Health after your 30-day Groupon membership expires, you'll receive 30 days of free nutritional counseling.
Note: Remember to order and activate your Sport & Health Club membership by 10/16/09, last day of usage 11/15/09.
Three Yelpers agree that Sport & Health Clubs are a convenient, friendly, and grunt-free environment to get in shape and give it four stars:
- This is a great regulars gym. It may be the friendliest gym in town. The atmosphere suits all types, but less so meatheads. – Steve G.
- This place knows what it's doing. If you demand a smoothy bar or a liquor license or an HDTV at every device, you're just making up excuses not to get cut. Sure Sport and Health isn't glamorous, but it gets the job done. – Kevin H.
Look Your Best in Any Situation
The American fascination with health and well-being stems from American innate desires to look fantastic no matter time or place. Out of the thousands of books written on this topic, none stand out more than lifestyle guru Fred “Ted” Osment’s best-selling Fred Ted’s Always Look Great. Osment uses words to help Americans discover how to look their best in every situation. Chapters include:
- “How to Patch Up Your Drywall and Look Good Doing It”
- “Survive Earthquakes in Style”
- “Style Your Hair While Being Saved From Drowning”
- “Look Your Best at Your Black Belt Test”
- “Defend Your Children from Eagles With a New Look for Fall”