The six-week course helps prepare students to take the FAA exam as part of the requirements for a private pilot license
About This Deal
- Classes are on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6:00-9:00 pm.
- The six-week course helps prepares students to pass the FAA written exam and fulfills the ground-school requirement for receiving a private pilot license. The flight includes 50–60 minutes of flight time with a FAA-certified instructor, who teaches flyers the basics of aviation and hands over the controls for part of the flight.
- Age restrictions: must be 18 or older
- Ground school introduces students to basic flying techniques, including how to properly preflight the aircraft.
- During flying lessons, students will have the chance to perform takeoff and do the majority of the flying, receiving help from the instructor for the landing.
- About the instructor: FAA-certified
About Springs Aviation
Everyone wishes they could skip those long airport-security lines—and Springs Aviation holds the key to doing just that. Its experienced, certified instructors teach aspiring flyers the skills and knowledge they need to earn their private pilot license, opening up an airborne world of possibilities. Students train on fixed-wing aircraft, including 1985 and 1997 Cessnas, and they also spend time in ground-school classrooms. The staff of pilots also makes civilians' dreams of flying come true during flights, which put flyers in the cockpit of a small airplane before they take over the controls for most of the flight, so the instructor finally has time to finish his airplane-peanut art project.