Choose Between Two Options
- $18 for admission for two to Unchained, valid October 2, 3, 9, or 10 ($30 value)
- $20 for admission for two to Unchained, valid October 16, 17, 23, 24, or 30 ($30 value)
Unchained runs from 7 p.m. to midnight on the above dates. Customers can pick up their tickets starting at 6 p.m.
St. Alban's Sanatorium
The property that hosts St. Alban's Sanatorium has a very dark history, and it's now a breeding ground for paranormal activity. Here are just a few of the events that turned the property into the spooky hotbed it is today:
- The Draper's Meadow Massacre of 1775: Long before the sanatorium even existed, several Indian tribes inhabited the land, and in 1775, an attack on a pioneer village left several settlers dead.
- The Civil War: In the mid 1860s, Union artillery bombarded the settlement of Central Depot (now the city of Radford) from the ridge where St. Alban's currently stands.
- St. Alban's Lutheran Boys School: A school for boys opened on the land in 1892, and it soon became known as a place where the strong thrived and tortured weak, intellectual boys.
- St. Alban's Sanatorium: A hospital for the mentally ill replaced the boys' school in 1916. It was a place where many patients succumbed to experimental treatments or committed suicide.
St. Alban's Sanatorium is no longer in use, but that doesn't mean it's empty. In fact, many paranormal teams consider it the most active location for paranormal beings on the East Coast, reporting full-bodied apparitions, levitating objects, shadowy figures, and even threatening voices. Currently, St. Alban's opens its doors for paranormal investigations and historic tours, and around Halloween, it seamlessly transitions into a haunted house without ever having to don a giant clown costume.