What You'll Get
Originally played with bare hands and a barbed-wire fence instead of a net, tennis gradually lost its extreme edge when too many players sprained their ankles jumping over the baseline bear traps. Reclaim some of tennis's glory days with today's Groupon to a St. Louis Aces World Team Tennis match at the Dwight Davis Tennis Center in Forest Park. Choose from the following options:
• For $17, you get one adult ticket to the match against the Sacramento Capitals on Wednesday, July 6, at 7:15 p.m. (a $35 value).
• For $17, you get one adult ticket to the match against the Newport Beach Breakers on Thursday, July 7, at 7:15 p.m. (a $35 value).
• For $20, you get one adult ticket to the match against the Philadelphia Freedoms on Saturday, July 9, at 7:15 p.m. (a $40 value).
• For $17, you get one adult ticket to the match against the Sacramento Capitals on Wednesday, July 13, at 7:15 p.m. (a $35 value).
• For $17, you get one adult ticket to the match against the Newport Beach Breakers on Tuesday, July 19, at 7:15 p.m. (a $35 value).
• For $17, you get one adult ticket to the match against the Kansas City Explorers on Thursday, July 21, at 7:15 p.m. (a $35 value).
With marquee all-stars Lindsay Davenport and Mark Philippoussis on their side of the net, the St. Louis Aces slam the competition. In each match, two teams of five players—two men, two women, and each team's resident marquee player—square off on the hard court, progressing through five sets, including singles, doubles, and coed doubles matchups. As the players fight for rallies on the court, the fast-paced rules compel fans to cheer during points, paint their chests, and mimic smooth-jazz guitar solos on tennis rackets.
Each St. Louis Aces match boasts a unique theme, often with a commitment to community service as fierce as a 115 mph serve. On July 6, the team kicks off the season with a party hosted by KFNS 590, Great Outdoors Night on July 13 encourages fans to don camouflage vests, and Ladies Night on July 21 features cosmopolitans and photos with Mark Philippoussis. During halftime on July 7, fans will attempt to cover the court with old tennis shoes, helping impoverished nations get access to clean drinking water through Shoeman Water Projects. Canines are invited for Party with Your Pooch on July 19 (canine admission is $10 extra) to benefit Stray Rescue of St. Louis and, more selfishly, to intercept stray tennis balls.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for date purchased. Subject to availability. Non-transferable. Operates in all weather conditions. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.