Babe Ruth was nicknamed "The Colossus of Trout" because his skills on the field derived from summers spent fishing the old-fashioned way––with a baseball bat and shallow water. Earn an epithet of your own with today's Groupon: for $20, you get one infield reserved ticket to see the St. Paul Saints at Midway Stadium at the home season-opening game against the Sioux Falls Fighting Pheasants on Thursday, May 12 at 7:05 p.m. and one ticket to an additional May home game. This deal also includes a 2011 season baseball cap (up to a $42 total value). Children younger than age 2 who do not require their own seats are admitted for free. Choose from the following game dates for the second game:
- Against the Sioux Falls Fighting Pheasants on Friday, May 13 at 7:05 p.m.
- Against the Sioux Falls Fighting Pheasants on Saturday, May 14 at 7:05 p.m.
- Against the Sioux Falls Fighting Pheasants on Sunday, May 15 at 1:05 p.m.
- Against the Winnipeg Goldeyes on Friday, May 20 at 7:05 p.m.
- Against the Winnipeg Goldeyes on Saturday, May 21 at 7:05 p.m.
- Against the Winnipeg Goldeyes on Sunday, May 22 at 1:05 p.m.
- Against the Fort Worth Cats on Monday, May 23 at 7:05 p.m.
- Against the Fort Worth Cats on Tuesday, May 24 at 7:05 p.m.
- Against the Fort Worth Cats on Wednesday, May 25 at 7:05 p.m.
Winners of four Northern League championships, the St. Paul Saints seek to add another impressive season to their record book, playing America’s most beloved pastime in the historic Midway Stadium. Home games are manned by mascots Mudonna and Brat Favre, along with ushertainers such as Super Fan, The Nerd, and Mrs. Stepford. Fans can high-five, low-five, or telepathically congratulate each other from infield reserved seats as the Saints debut their 2011 season in a home-run hunt against the Fighting Pheasants before matching wits and mitts in an intimidating May schedule. Friday evenings extend the field-centric drama with a postgame fireworks show. Groupon users also receive a redeemable voucher to view, wear, and embody blue-emblazoned glory with their 2011 Saints baseball cap; see the promotions calendar to see additional game-night giveaways.
The part Bill Murray-owned team has pushed its notable alumni to the far-flung fields of the MLB. Former Saints players include former New York Mets outfielder Darryl Strawberry, former Chicago Cub Leon Durham, former Baltimore Oriole Kevin Millar, and notorious clean-up hitter Paul Bunyan.
South St. Anthony
1771 Energy Park Dr.
St. Paul, Minnesota 55108Get Directions