All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
January 9, 2013
December 12, 2012
November 7, 2012
What You'll Get
The history of theatre goes all the way back to the 1970s, when audiences were eager to see “living movies.” See how far these unfilmed talkabouts have come in only 40 years with a ticket to see Tuesdays with Morrie and a buffet-style dinner at Stage West in Mississauga. Choose from the following nine options (all values include HST):
- For $35, you get a ticket for Sunday, May 8 at 5 p.m. (a $69.79 value).
- For $35, you get a ticket for Wednesday, May 11 at 6:30 p.m. (a $69.79 value).
- For $40, you get a ticket for Friday, May 13 at 6:30 p.m. (up to an $81.09 value).
- For $46, you get a ticket for Saturday, May 14 at 6:30 p.m. (a $92.39 value).
- For $40, you get a ticket for Friday, May 20 at 6:30 p.m. (an $81.09 value).
- For $46, you get a ticket for Saturday, May 21 at 6:30 p.m. (a $92.39 value).
- For $35, you get a ticket for Sunday, May 22 at 5 p.m. (a $69.79 value).
- For $40, you get a ticket for Friday, May 27 at 6:30 p.m. (an $81.09 value).
- For $46, you get a ticket for Saturday, May 28 at 6:30 p.m. (a $92.39 value).
Stage West sates bellies, hungry jazz hands, and famished funny bones with an evening that includes a hot 120-item dinner buffet (drinks not included) alongside the spectacle of famed comedies and musicals. Arriving audiences find their seats in the tiered 600-seat Las Vegas–style theatre, then at 6:30 p.m. (or 5 p.m. on Sundays) spectators can forage the all-you-can-eat buffet, followed by curtain about 90 minutes later. Based on the autobiographical New York Times best-seller, Tuesdays with Morrie stars Jamie Farr of M*A*S*H* fame as an ailing university professor who reconnects with a former student for a final master class on life and Fabergé-egg crafting. The audience dress code requires finery such as dress shirts, slacks, blouse/sweater combos, skirts, and an imported shoulder parrot when donning pirate garb.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 3 additional as gifts. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Not valid toward alcohol. Must adhere to dress code. Valid only for side seating. Non-transferable. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Stage West
Stage West keeps visitors comfortable and entertained with hotel accommodations, live comedies and musicals, and elaborate buffet dining. The concept was the brainchild of the Pechet family, who opened the first Stage West Theatre Restaurant in the Mayfield Inn in Edmonton in 1975. After making several trips to the U.S. to research dinner theatre, the family opened two more locations in Calgary and Mississauga, bringing shows headlined by internationally performing stars.
The Mississauga site recently became a part of the Ramada Worldwide family, and now, after dinner from the renovated buffet and a show in the Las Vegas–style theatre, guests relax in a heated saltwater pool and jacuzzi. The hotel also features a giant, three-storey indoor waterslide ideal for keeping kids busy, gaining a quick burst of adrenaline, or testing whether a suitcase is waterproof.