What You'll Get
Choose from Three Options
$50 for a 2.5-hour BYOB basic cheese-making workshop for two (a $130 value)
- Learn to create ricotta, mozzarella, and butter<p>
$125 for a four-hour beginner BYOB hands-on cheese-making workshop for two (a $290 value)
- Work in pairs to hand make ricotta, mozzarella, mozzarella pinwheels, and burrata cheese
- Butter-making lesson
- Sample complimentary cheese and other light snacks<p>
$150 for a two-day BYOB hands-on cheese-making class for one (a $425 value)
- Master cheese-making over two full days
- From beginning to end, students will hand make fresh, salt-rubbed, semisoft, firm, and hard cheeses; specific varieties depend on the season
- Takes place Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.<p>
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 360 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Limit 3 per person, may buy 5 additional as gifts. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Reservation required; Subject to availability. 3 day cancellation notice required. Must use promotional value in 1 visit. Must book at least 30 days prior to expiration. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Standing Stone Farm
Standing Stone Farm's Paula Butler, whose cheese making was recently featured on PBS, demonstrates Old-World methods of cheese crafting during small classes held at her boutique dairy-goat farm. During cheese-making workshops, dairy manipulators will learn techniques to create greek feta, marinated feta, classic french chevre, and an easy 45-minute mozzarella, all using farm-fresh goat milk and provided cow's milk. Parched participants in the basic course can sip on complimentary coffee or bring their own alcoholic beverages from home. Upbeat, casual classes take place once or twice a month in the dairy farm's large kitchen with 12–15 students per session. Out on the fields, herds of nubian goats roam free, munching on alfalfa and watching farm-share members pick up their weekly gallon of raw goat milk.