Recent studies show that dancers possess above-average strength, endurance, and flexibility, as well as a significantly lower risk of getting served. Help your children hone this vital skill during their developmental years with today’s side deal: for $10, your little kiddo gets to attend a one- to two-hour summer dance clinic at Star Spangled Dance Academy (up to a $25 value) at its facilities on 33rd Street.
Star Spangled Dance Academy has been teaching a variety of dance forms to Sioux Falls youth for seven years. With today’s Groupon tucked into his or her tutu, send your tiny dancer off to one of the following eight summer dance clinics:
- Flexibility Clinic ($25)—held Tuesday, June 30, 2 p.m.–4 p.m.—engages 6- to 12-year-old children in warm-ups, stretches, and being bendy.
- Turns Clinic ($25)—held Thursday, June 1, 1 p.m.–3 p.m. and also for 6- to 12-year-olds—hosts a curriculum of spinning, spotting, and providing a handy breeze for the summer months.
- Leaps and Tricks Clinic ($25)—held Tuesday, July 6, 1 p.m.–3 p.m. for 6- to 12-year old children—will have your child leaping through life with the grace of a gazelle and the cunning of a weasel.
- Tappin’ Toes Clinic ($20)—held Thursday, July 15, 5:30 p.m.–7 p.m. for 6- to 12-year old children—helps refine beginner to intermediate fidgety feet by turning their excess energy into a percussive, purposeful tapping tool.
- Tumble Clinics ($15) are available for your choice of one of two sessions on Thursday, July 8, from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and the other from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Each class teaches 3- to 5-year-old children the basics of cartwheeling, somersaulting, standing on their hands, doing bridges, and more.
- Kinder Hip Hop Clinics ($15) is also held for your choice of session—one on Wednesday, July 6, 5:30 p.m.–6:30 p.m. and one on Friday, June 9, 10 a.m.–11 a.m.—and will have your 3- to 5-year-old tot breaking, popping, and locking like an experienced hip-hopper of six and a half years.
Among other benefits, dance classes give kids a structured outlet for youthful exuberance and the daily bouts of spontaneous two-stepping that plague their pre-adolescence. With Star Spangled Dance Academy’s experienced instructors serving as guides, children will hone their self-confidence, gain an appreciation of aesthetic forms, and improve their physical well-being during the academic off-season. Child dancing is the best kind of dancing and is superior to adult dancing in that it is rewarded with applause at family gatherings and afterschool dance-offs. So get your Groupon and reserve a spot in Star Spangled Dance Academy’s summer dance clinics for your fledgling Fred, Ginger, or Fredgingerator Perry.
Although there are few reviews of Star Spangled Dance Academy, customer testimonials are available on the website: > * You have opened so many doors for Megan, not only in dance but in courage and friendships. – Sharon > * Grace had a wonderful time at the recital and will be sure to enjoy dance again next year. – Jodi
Star Performance Complex
Swiss army knives are famed for the many vital tools hidden in the nooks and crannies of their surprisingly small exterior; Star Performance Complex takes a similar approach to educating kids in fitness. Their instructors offer swimming, gymnastics, tae kwon do, and dance lessons to tykes who enjoy competitive athleticism. They also provide day and night care that combines structured activity with open play in their fun gyms, which feature not only gymnastics equipment but inflatable play houses. Other teachers focus on team sports, training kids to work together in softball, soccer, and cheer. All of this – excepting the swim lessons – takes place in their single, colorful facility full of squeaky hardwood, soft mats, and all the equipment a kids needs to build a strong body.
6101 S. Charger Cir.
Sioux Falls, South Dakota 57108Get Directions