All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Though it is illegal for pranksters to shout about nonexistent fires in a theater, shrieking after an encounter with an underseat gum wad is permissible. Shout about what's on stage instead with today's deal for tickets to the State Theatre in New Brunswick. Choose from four different shows:
- $33 for one mid-balcony ticket to Stomp on Friday, February 11 at 8 p.m. or Saturday, February 12 at 3 p.m. or 8 p.m. (up to a $45 value)
- $25 for one mid-balcony ticket to John Lennon—70th Birthday Celebration on Saturday, February 19 at 8 p.m. (up to a $35 value)
- $25 for one ticket to DrumLine Live on Sunday, February 20 at 3 p.m. (up to a $70 value)
- $10 for one ticket to The Very Hungry Caterpillar on Monday, February 21 at 10:30 a.m., 1 p.m., or 3:30 p.m. (up to a $28 value)
As a local non-profit, the State Theatre has vivified the cultural landscape for nearly a century through applause-worthy performances and engaging community programs. Come February, Stomp will explode onto the stage with percussive rhythm and movement, and Glen Burtnik & Friends will honor John Lennon's 70th birthday by serenading a Fab Four-loving crowd with beloved hits such as “Strawberry Fields Forever” and lesser-known tunes such as "Tangerine Terrain Temporarily." Surrender your eardrums to the marching band musicality and show-stopping steppers of DrumLine Live, or treat a theater-craving youngster to the food-fueled metamorphosis of The Very Hungry Caterpillar for a black-lit puppet presentation of a childhood classic.
Ticket value may vary based on available seats, so call in early to redeem your Groupon and reserve your seat. Seating for DrumLine Live and The Very Hungry Caterpillar will be assigned based on best availability at time of call and may include Orchestra-level seating or balcony-level seating. All seating for Stomp and John Lennon—70th Birthday Celebration will be mid-balcony level. Group seating may be arranged with the purchase of multiple Groupons.
Groupons must be redeemed at least 48 hours before showtime. Though State Theatre sometimes offers discounted tickets through the Hub City Carnivale, this Groupon still offers the best deal available.
- STOMP, an overwhelming success marked by rave reviews, numerous awards and sell-out engagements, is the winner of an Olivier Award for Best Choreography (London's Tony Award), a New York Obie Award, a Drama Desk Award for Unique Theatre Experience, and a Special Citation from Best Plays. – Broadway World
- Who knew that right in the heart of New Brunswick was a gorgeous, Broadway-caliber stage? – Allison G., Yelp
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Valid only for option purchased. Theater assigns seats; call (732) 247-7200 ext. 517 for seat locations. No refunds or exchanges. No cash value. Not valid with other offers. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About State Theatre New Jersey
The State Theatre New Jersey was saved, as its website states, from "the ravages of time." Built in 1921 as a vaudeville and silent-film palace, the venue fell on hard times in the 1970s. In 2003, however, a $3 million renovation restored the State Theatre New Jersey to much of its original glory, as crews painstakingly rehabbed the ornamental plaster, terracotta exterior, and actor holding cells. Inside the theater, a stunning chandelier sparkles more brightly than ever below the venue's signature dome.