A philosopher once called theater “the mask of convention over the face of society in the mirror of the unknown, reflecting the rear-view of the sports car of destiny.” Simplify this theory with today’s theatrical Groupon, which gets you tickets to either 500 Clown Macbeth or Streb: Brave at the State Theatre, located in New Brunswick, New Jersey. Choose from the following options:
- For $15, you get one ticket to 500 Clown Macbeth on Friday, February 4 at 8:00 p.m. (up to a $30 value).
- For $15, you get one ticket to 500 Clown Macbeth on Saturday, February 5 at 3:00 p.m. (up to a $30 value).
- For $15, you get one ticket to 500 Clown Macbeth on Saturday, February 5 at 8:00 p.m. (up to a $30 value).
- For $18, you get one ticket to Streb: Brave on Friday, February 4 at 8:00 p.m. (up to a $45 value).
A renovated vaudeville and silent-film palace, the State Theatre vivifies New Jersey’s cultural landscape with a collage of festivals, Broadway shows, and contemporary performances. With 500 Clown Macbeth, theater-goers will see the fourth wall shattered as a trio of competing clowns vie for the noble name of Macbeth while deconstructing the Scottish play through the troupe's use of circus art, improvisation, and action-packed performances. This deal also gives aspiring rug-cutters a chance to admire the chromatic acrobatics of Streb, an eight-member dance troupe that flips and flies across the stage in a breathtaking combination of gymnastics, dance, stunt work, and step-by-step re-creations of Super Bowl XXII.
Everyone, regardless of age, must have a ticket for admission.
Though there are not yet reviews for 500 Clown Macbeth, TimeOut Chicago reviewed a previous show. More than 1,600 Facebookers are fans of 500 Clown. Eight Yelpers give the State Theatre a four-star average.
- It's a nice theater right in the heart of downtown New Brunswick. – Dimitrios D., Yelp
15 Livingston Ave.
New Brunswick, New Jersey 08901
732-247-7200 x517Get Directions