What You'll Get
History museums' acquisitions always instill wonder in children who have become bored with their own closets full of skeletons. Discover a body of knowledge with today's Groupon to Stranahan House. Choose from the following options:
- For $12, you get one-day admission for two (a $24 value).
- For $15, you get a single one-year membership (a $35 value).
- For $25, you a one-year family membership for up to four people (a $50 value).
Listed in the National Register of Historic Places and located in the heart of the city, Stranahan House stands as one of the few remaining shadows of Fort Lauderdale’s pioneer heritage. The house was constructed in 1901 by the eponymous Frank Stranahan as a trading post for early settlers, native Seminole Indians, and the now-extinct verbose alligator. After the burgeoning town appropriated it for use as a post office, town hall, and more through the decades, historians painstakingly restored it to its 1913–1915 glory. On three daily tours lasting 45 to 60 minutes, expert guides lead local history buffs through its rooms, detailing the house's multitudinous uses, showing off its Victorian furniture, and offering a glimpse into the vernacular architecture of the bygone era.
Both memberships grant holders to free tours of Stranahan house for a year, allowing members to memorize the intricacies of its ghostly former inhabitants or particularly reticent pieces of crown molding. Members also receive a subscription to the museum's quarterly newsletter, a 10% discount in the gift shop, and advance notice of events and special lectures.
- In a town whose history is under many of its residents, visitors may want to take a minute to see Fort Lauderdale's very oldest standing structure and a prime example of classic "Florida Frontier" architecture. – Frommer's
- The guide was excellent - a wonderful lady who made the previous occupants come alive for us. – succeed_2, TripAdvisor
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1/person, may buy 1 additional as a gift. Limit 1/visit. Valid only for option purchased. Must activate memberships by 9/4/11, membership expires 1 year from activation date. Subject to availability. Must use in 1 visit. Gratuity not included. Not valid with other offers. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.