What You'll Get
Without the applause of an audience, actors have no way of knowing how well they've died. Stand and ovate with this GrouponLive deal to the Stratford Shakespeare Festival. Choose from the following options:
- For $85, you get two tickets to a select performance (up to a $176.73 value, including tax).
- For $160, you get four tickets to a select performance (up to a $353.46 value, including tax).
- For $205, you get six tickets to a select performance (up to a $530.20 value, including tax).
Best-available seating in sections A–C will be assigned upon redemption of voucher.Tickets may be used all at once or spread across several performances. Valid performances include:
- Henry V at 2 p.m. on Wednesday, August 1, and Friday, August 17
- 42nd Street on Wednesday, August 1, at 8 p.m. and Tuesday, August 14, at 2 p.m.
- The Matchmaker on Thursday, August 2, at 2 p.m. and Saturday, August 18, at 8 p.m.
- You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown on Friday, August 3, at 2 p.m.
- Hirsch at 2 p.m. on Saturday, August 4, and Saturday, August 18. Tickets to Hirsch are normally up to $33.90 each, including tax.
- Much Ado About Nothing on Thursday, August 16, at 2 p.m.
- The Best Brothers on Friday, August 17, at 8 p.m.
- Wanderlust on Friday, August 17, at 8 p.m.
Before the curtain closes on its 2012 season, the Stratford Shakespeare Festival continues a half-century tradition of classic theatre from the Bard and the great playwrights who have succeeded him. Shakespearean comedy and tragedy take the stage as English King Henry V urges his countrymen on the battlefields of France “once more into the breach.” Loneliness is the enemy in the comedy Much Ado About Nothing, in which matchmaking is the sequel to warmaking. A classic love triangle drops its hypotenuse behind the scenes of Broadway in 42nd Street, in which a director, a star, and a rising star battle in a jeu de coeur.
A pair of Canadian artists present world premieres of three new works including Wanderlust, _The Best Brothers, and Hirsch. Calgary-born Morris Panych’s Wanderlust musically explores the longing that dreams of gold, love, and lovable gold can provoke, whereas Novia Scotia’s Daniel MacIvor studies the relationship of two brothers mourning their mother’s passing in The Best Brothers.
Stratford Shakespeare Festival's ticket prices vary depending on the performance.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 18, 2012. Amount paid never expires. Limit 3 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem starting 7/30 for a ticket at venue box office. Must book tickets by 8/8.Must show valid ID matching name on Groupon at specific show's venue. Must provide first and last name at checkout, which Groupon will provide to facilitate redemption of voucher. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Stratford Shakespeare Festival's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Not valid for A+ seating. Promotional seating is limited and subject to availability at time of redemption. Tickets may be used across visits. Parking not included. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.