What You'll Get
For $15, today’s side deal gets you a ticket to Jake Ehrenreich’s A Jew Grows in Brooklyn at the Music Center at Strathmore.
- Choose from two performances:
- Sunday, September 26, at 3 p.m.
- Sunday, September 26, at 7 p.m.
- Broadway performer Jake Ehrenreich’s one-man memoirs
- A touching, true story about a boy’s voyage to capture the American Dream
- Musical journey from his parent’s survival of the Holocaust, to growing up in Brooklyn, to Broadway
- Rock ‘n’ roll musical comedy that gives the audience a nostalgic look at history and city life
- Dazzling drum solo according to New York Times
- Many seating options
Press across North America, including the New York Times, the National Post, and the Phoenix New Times, reviewed or featured A Jew Grows in Brooklyn. Yelpers give Strathmore an average of 4.5 stars: > * You don’t have to be Jewish or Brooklynish to feel empathy for Mr. Ehrenreich’s family’s losses, but it probably helps in being able to appreciate other aspects of his show, like the long section on Catskills resorts. On the other hand, Mr. Ehrenreich’s finest moment, in terms of showmanship, comes out of nowhere and is completely nonsectarian: his dazzling drum solo in Act II. – Anita Gates, New York Times > * I feel qualified to say that there’s plenty to enjoy here for everyone, as the narrative touches on family relationships, how comfortable you are in your own skin, and what kind of mark we’re leaving on the world our children (okay, your children) will inherit. – Julie Peterson, Phoenix New Times
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Sep 26, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Valid for time purchased only. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.