Movies can show us things we’d never see in real life, such as alien worlds, talking animals, or teenagers making a difference. Marvel at the inconceivable with this Groupon.
Choose from 12 Options
- $10 for two general-admission movie tickets (a $20 value)
- $19 for four general-admission movie tickets (a $40 value)<p>
See the link in the sidebar for a full list of films, musical acts, venues, and showtimes, some of which will be announced shortly.<p>
Films and Showtimes:
- Edward Scissorhands at Rose Bowl Park on Saturday, August 24
- A double-feature of St. Elmo’s Fire and Reality Bites at Exposition Park on Saturday, August 31
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl at Santa Anita Park on Saturday, September 14
- Princess Bride at Central Park on Saturday, September 28
- Nightmare on Elm Street at Exposition Park on Saturday, October 19
- Our Vinyl Weighs a Ton on Sunday, October 6<p>
Please note that the October 19 event is now taking place at Exposition Park. Throughout the summer and fall, different musical acts perform before outdoor park showings of various films. Each show also includes audience games that are projected on the big screen. General seating is on a first-come, first-served basis. Also in attendance is a revolving lineup of food trucks to supply moviegoers with sustenance.<p>
Street Food Cinema
Opening their doors each winter season, Street Food Cinema brings holiday cheer into the glamorous movie palaces of yore in LA’s historic theater district on Broadway. When the gates open, guests are greeted by carolers, crooning classic holiday hits, and a photo op with drunken bad santa. Prior to the main movie event kicking off guests can stop at their stocking stuffer boutique or the Naughty or Nice Elf station. Their events also feature winter classic hit movies like Elf and Christmas Vacation projected on the big screen.
Street Food Cinema's eclectic assemblage of food, music, and films has picked up attention beyond the park's bounds, snagging mentions on NBC4, We Like LA, and The Washington Post. Other videos of the events in action can be seen here. It's also become known for its philanthropic work: each year the organization supports several charities.
What some people are buzzing about:
98% of 270 customers recommend
“Take wine, snacks, and socks :) Oh yes and an appetite for those yummies from the awesome food trucks.”
“Take everything you might want, snacks, blankets, pillows, because you want to be comfortable. Food trucks are really good so try them out :)”
“Had a great time, good movie, and great Food trucks!!”