What You'll Get
Snip split ends into whole-end perfection. Today's Groupon gets you $75 worth of hair care, skin care, waxing, and more for $30 at Streets Salon. Streets is an Aveda concept salon, which means its products are top notch, earth friendly, and the good kind of smelly that gets you the good kind of noticed by the good kind of people. Your Groupon is valid toward any of Streets Salon's services (not for retail products). Give your little sis a professional makeup lesson ($60) for her birthday, or get your legs waxed ($60–$70) to keep your skin smoother longer. Invite your hirsute honey or dreadlocked dad to a surprise makeover.
Each of Streets Salon's expert stylists is a master hair shaman who knows how to snip, dye, and charm the most distraught bristles, frizzies, and Medusa head-snakes. They sense your innermost hair-yearnings, then direct their careful scissors in tune with your thoughts and dreams. Their creative forces flow wildly onto your scalp for a haircut (women's $50+, men's $35+) that revolutionizes the way you look in the mirror—inside and out. Afterward, in the streets, you might find that your magnificent mane busts the binds of its bowler hat and leaps into sunshine, dappling the dark alleyways of careless coiffeurs.
The relaxed atmosphere at Streets Salon will make you feel comfortable without sacrificing decadent pampering. Whether you change up your look with the perfect new color ($65+) or restore balance to your skin with a customized elemental nature facial (75 minutes; $70), visiting Streets Salon is more like visiting a fabulous second home in Paris than performing grooming rituals in adherence with cultural norms.
- The cut he gave me works with my hair issues...and he styled it in a way I could actually replicate later! As for the salon, it was sleek and bright: the chairs are right next to the windows so you know exactly what you're getting. – sorengyrl, Citysearch
- Streets Salon has a harmonious and uplifting vibe. The staff extends a loving warmth to the clients and to each other. One leaves with a renewed spirit and a sense of rejuvenation. It is the only salon that I will use. – bahshep, Citysearch
- These people are completely on the ball. They picked the color right and they tell you how to keep it. – superpicky1, Citysearch
Conjoined Twins Who Were Also Presidents But Were Not Also Hair Stylists
- George Washington and Lyle Washington: George’s father famously reprimanded his conjoined twin of a son for brandishing an axe at a cherry tree, naturally assuming at first that George was attempting home surgery to separate himself from conjoined brother and British sympathizer Lyle. As the Revolution began, Lyle defected to England in his mind, though he remained attached to George.
- William Henry Harrison and Henry William Harrison: Conventional wisdom is that Harrison caught pneumonia during his inaugural address and died 31 days later. In fact, Harrison’s conjoined twin, Henry, poisoned his brother after also running for president and losing. Failing to take into account their shared nervous system, Henry died of the same poison moments later, though his official cause of death is listed as Covetousness.
- Teddy Roosevelt and Franklin Delano Roosevelt: Not technically conjoined twins, but conjoined fifth cousins. FDR was famously never photographed in his wheelchair in order to hide his conjoined nature, and if you look closely at many of the photos of Teddy, he’s not on a horse.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Apr 7, 2010. Amount paid never expires. New clients only. Limit 1 per person. May purchase multiple as gifts. Valid only for services, not products. Gratuity not included. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.