Art helps people reach a wide audience without shouting from the top of radio towers, provocatively dancing behind local TV field reporters, or tying speech bubbles to migrating birds. Express yourself with this Groupon.
Choose from Six Options
- $29 for one drop-in ceramics or painting class for two tweens, teens, or adults (a $60 value)
- $55 for one drop-in ceramics or painting class for four tweens, teens, or adults (a $120 value)
- $79 for eight drop-in ceramics or painting classes for one tween, teen, or adult (a $175 value)
- $19 for two drop-in mixed-media classes for one child aged 6–9 (a $40 value)
- $35 for four drop-in mixed-media classes for one child aged 6–9 (an $80 value)
- $55 for eight drop-in mixed-media classes for one child aged 6–9 (a $125 value)
Ceramics students learn hand-building techniques such as pinch, coil, slab, and slip. During painting sessions, students explore perspective, line, and color, working with references or from their imagination. Mixed-media classes, meanwhile, blend drawing and painting techniques with sculpture and collage projects.
Classes must be taken consecutively.
For more than two decades, artists of all ages have congregated at Studio E, ranging from 3-year-olds learning to cut and glue to the professional artists leading lessons. Sprawled across 2,000 square feet, the studio hosts classes on visual-art fundamentals for kids, tweens, teens, and adults in media such as ceramics, painting, and collage. Individualized lesson plans are catered to the unique needs of each student. Guests are required to commit to consecutive week sessions when taking multiple classes. Two excused absences are permitted for 8-week sessions and 1 excused absence is permitted for 4-week sessions.