Artistic expression can take the form of a vibrant painting, a stunning sculpture, or front-yard hedges trimmed into the shape of longing. Let creativity blossom with today's Groupon for art classes from At the Studio with Amy, taught by Amy Roger. Choose between the following options:
- For $49, you get a four-week session of Basic Drawing classes (a $100 value) that includes four two-hour classes. Choose from the following class sessions:
- Session One, running from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. every Tuesday from October 4 through October 25
- Session Two, running from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. every Tuesday from November 1 through November 22
- Session Three, running from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. every Tuesday from December 6 through December 27
- For $49, you get a four-week session of Basic Painting classes (a $100 value) that includes four two-hour classes. Choose from the following class sessions:
- Session One, running from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. every Thursday from October 6 through October 27
- Session Two, running from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Thursday, November 3; Thursday, November 17; Thursday, November 24; and Thursday, December 1
- Session Three, running from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. every Thursday from December 8 through December 29
Classes include all materials and are held at Globe Studios.
At the Studio with Amy’s eponymous creative guru Amy Roger imparts her substantial artistic knowledge on fledgling creators through a series of basic drawing and painting classes. The four-week Basic Drawing classes introduce pencil-pushing students to the fundamentals of the art form, elucidating the techniques of line drawing and gesture to ensure the realistic rendering of stick figures waving at each other. Amy schools pupils on the dimension-adding methods of contouring, shading, and perspective before delving into compositional topics including the use of positive and negative space.
Alternatively, nascent Monets can develop pigment-slinging prowess in the four-week Basic Painting class, which allows participants to dabble in different kinds of paint and explore a variety of subjects. Students can employ watercolours to craft lush landscapes or compress a three-dimensional still life into two-dimensional form with the help of oil paints and an artfully piloted steamroller. Indescribable feelings, such as "love" and "yawning while sneezing," take shape in abstract paintings forged from acrylic paint, and lessons about texture and image-transfer methods round out the introductory session.
To facilitate an intimate atmosphere, classes remain capped at 10 students, and each two-hour class includes a 15-minute break to grant time for snacks and mingling. All materials are included for both the drawing and painting classes, so students can leave their easels, brushes, and portable muses at home.
Mill Courtland Woodside Park
141 Whitney Pl.
Kitchener, Ontario N2G 2X8