Surprise your sweetie with doughy breakfast in bed, reward your coworkers for making you look good, or treat yourself to doughnuts because they bring you doughnutjoy. Today's Groupon to Sublime Doughnuts gets you six gourmet doughnuts for $6 (up to a $12 value). Give morning the sweet start that will make your grumpy grandpa and snotty sister melt into rivulets of dark-chocolate glaze and cream.
Sink your teeth into a sandwich more palatable and less caloric than the Luther Burger with the fresh strawberry 'n' cream doughnut, neatly split down the middle and piled full of fresh-cut strawberries and vanilla cream-cheese filling. Get into the fall spirit with a caramel-apple fritter, made with real apple chunks and homemade caramel. Bite into regional pride with the A-town cream, a cream-filled, chocolate-glaze doughnut shaped like an A. Eschew traditional croissants for a sublime croissant that's light, flaky, buttery, and covered in honey and vanilla-bean glaze. Indulge in the dulce de leche, a cakey doughnut drowned in sweet milk and covered with homemade caramel.
While the act of eating a doughnut is ephemeral, the subsequent joy of a truly sublime doughnut lasts well beyond the lifespan of a brine shrimp. Years into the future, you may fondly recall the dark-chocolate, raspberry-filled hearts of your youth or the selfless s'mores doughnut with a dusting of graham-cracker crumbs that ushered your taste buds into ecstasy.
- Grant has his dough down – his doughnuts...spring back into shape after each bite and taste like butter instead of fryer oil. Basic varieties abound, but Grant's innovative creations set this independent bakery apart. – Jennifer Zyman, Creative Loafing
- ...Sublime's doughnuts are continually fresh. And although you've likely heard this many times over, no matter what flavor you choose, it's guaranteed to be delectable! – Eric Pudalov, Associated Content
- I started with a chocolate banana fritter that was perfect! Not greasy, not just "sweet". Fresh, nice combination of two of the flavors I like the most: chocolate and banana. – Barney, Urbanspoon
Go Nuts for Doughnuts
Go Nuts for Doughnuts, the new ad campaign from The United Donut Council, has been a rousing success, along the lines of Got Milk? and We All Scream for Ice Cream. Unfortunately, some food lobby slogans forced upon the American eating public have been pretty half-baked:
- Fudge happens.
- Beef: it’s cows for dinner
- I cried, you cried, we all cried for french fries!
- Brussels Sprouts…don’t think of them as cinnamon
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.