All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Arts and crafts, much like swimming in a pool or break dancing in a whale’s mouth, can stimulate all five of the human senses. Partake in a sensational fiesta with today’s Groupon to the Sugarloaf Crafts Festival held at the Montgomery County Fairgrounds in Gaithersburg. Each admission is good for all three days of the festival—from Friday, October 14 to Sunday, October 16. Children younger than 12 get in free. Choose between the following options:
- For $4, you get one admission (up to a $9 value).
- For $12, you get four admissions (up to a $24 value).
Attracting more than 175,000 art enthusiasts to its events in 2010, Sugarloaf Craftd Festival showcases original work from more than 250 artisans, from handcrafted pottery, sculpture, and glass to jewelry, fashion, décor, and photography. Audiences can also witness art being made live during meticulous demonstrations by skilled sculptors, woodworkers, and more. Guests of this year’s festival can flood their brain doors with live music entertainment from quarter-note-wielding artists, including acoustic guitarist Don Thomas and key-charming pianist Ngu Mbandi. Kid-size imaginations flourish while at costume storytelling, as parents take their turns sampling and shopping for specialty foods, including German-style almonds, pumpkin butter, and a variety of artisanal pretzels.
Though Sugarloaf Crafts Festival sometimes features a discounted price online, this Groupon still offers the best deal available.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Oct 16, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 2 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Valid only at Gaithersburg location. Valid only on 10/14/11–10/16/11. Tickets must be redeemed together. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Sugarloaf Crafts Festival
Sugarloaf Crafts Festival's artisanal markets attract almost 200,000 visitors each year, and have been doing so since 1975. Hosted in several major cities along the East Coast, Sugarloaf's festivals bring together local and national independent artists and designers who present their original hand-crafted goods to attendees, along with the stories of how they came to be.
- Goods: More than 250 vendors showcase their goods, which range from artisanal honey to hand-crafted leather bags to vibrant paintings and sculptures.
- Demonstrations: The festivals' artists, craftsmen, and designers put on engaging live demonstrations and workshops, lending a sneak peek of their creative process to curious guests.
- Entertainment: Local and regional musicians perform live sets for attendees while they nosh on gourmet bites from local food vendors.