- Savory combo platters
- Inventive kebab creations
- Open-air patio seating available
What You'll Get
A marriage between two cuisines is preferable to a marriage between two clones of Sylvester Stallone, a process that eventually results in a baby reared on raw egg and meat punching bags. Savor a simpler fusion with today's Groupon: $15 for $30 worth of Greek-Turkish fusion fare from the dinner menu at Sultana. Reservations are required, and this Groupon is not valid for lunch.
Sultana serves up savory fare for Mediterranean masticators of all palates. During dinner, al fresco diners fill the open-air patio with warm discussion and fill their glasses or hollowed-out CRT monitors with a range of waft-worthy wines. Start with a serving of red-lentil soup ($3.95) before moving on to a coban salad featuring diced tomatoes, cucumber, onions, and chopped parsley with a lemon-and-olive-oil dressing ($5.95). Move on to traditional entrees such as the bursa iskender, oven-baked bread topped with grilled lamb and beef kabob in a fresh tomato sauce sided with yogurt ($15), or pair a white wine with the Mediterranean sea bass, a refreshing filet marinated in olive oil, stuffed with lemon and onions, and served aside light rice and salad ($22.95).
Whether you choose to dine indoors or outdoors beneath the twilight, Sultana's ever-attentive, veteran serving staff will happily complement your meal with knowledge bits and recommendation chunks. If you seek insight into the contents of baba gannouj, they will provide it, and if you need a fresh napkin, they will provide one that has the contents of baba gannouj written on it with baba gannouj.
- It is home cooking, everyday food, well prepared, with bargain-basement prices, in a cozy atmosphere. The servers are knowledgeable, friendly and take time to explain the food. – Dale F. Bentson, Palo Alto Online
- Best, most authentic tasting Turkish restaurant in the area. I went with a native Turk and he swears some of the items taste like his mother's cooking. – L C., Yelp
- The main dishes were tasty and the portions were generous. If you go with a group, you can get several different things and share. I'd give it two thumbs up. – OldGuyfromBay, TripAdvisor
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jan 31, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy multiple as gifts. Valid for dinner menu only. Limit 1 per table. Must use in 1 visit. Dine-in only. Not valid with other offers. Tax & gratuity not included. Reservation required. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.