All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Choose from Three Options
- $10 for Admission and Parking for Two to the Summer Nights Festival on August 15 ($24 value)
- $19 for Admission and Parking for Four to the Summer Nights Festival on August 15 ($48 value)
- $15 for Family Pack Admission and Parking for Two Adults and Up to Four Children to the Summer Nights Festival on August 15 ($30 value)
Summer Nights events entertain families with big-screen shows of Jurassic Park on the lawn.
The festival runs from 5 p.m to 11 p.m. and the movie begins at 9 p.m. Admission includes: parking, movie under the stars Jurassic Park, and entry to the Kids Zone with Water Slides. Food and beers can be purchased from the beer gardens or food trucks.
Four Things to Know About Movie Extras
Even the background roles of a movie undergo the careful process of casting. Read on to learn more about how working actors earn their roles.
1. Even Oscar winners started as extras. Many future stars—from Clint Eastwood to Brad Pitt and Renée Zellweger—began their careers as background actors.
2. In 1925, movie producers created a company just to hire extras. The Central Casting Corporation appealed to members because it provided them with a central location where they could find work—a much better deal than the grind of driving all around town to visit the studios in person. The company was so popular that it coined a phrase: when someone’s perfect for a role, they’re still said to be “right out of Central Casting.”
3. The Internet has made the casting process much easier. Today, an actor can read a script, meet with directors, and send in an audition tape all over the Internet instantaneously—a huge shift from the days when actors sold themselves door-to-door just to have their role given to a case of knives.
4. Some actors are famous for being extras. Garnering more than three million views, a YouTube video from 2011 titled “World’s Greatest Extra” compiled a single actor’s appearances from dozens of different shows and movies.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 16, 2015. Amount paid never expires. Limit 2 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Valid only for option purchased. Must be 21 or older with valid ID to drink alcohol. No refunds for unused tickets. Voucher only valid for one day admission. Cannot combine with other offers, discounts or promotions. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.